- Whitecross Nursery School, Derby
- Salary details
- Grade E SCP 10
- Job term
- Full Time
- Appointment type
- 32 hours and 30 minutes per week, Monday- Friday 9.00 - 16.00 (30 minute Lunch Break)
- Closing Date
- 03 February 2023
The governors at Whitecross are seeking to appoint an SEND Teaching Assistant. Whitecross Nursery School is a well-established and popular local authority maintained nursery school for children aged 3 to 4 years. We have a caring, happy and fun dedicated team, committed to providing a stimulating and high quality education in a happy, secure environment where all members of the school community are valued and respected.
We are looking for highly motivated, specialist teaching assistant who may have experience of working with children who have additional needs, particularly Autism and ADHD, to join our friendly staff team to support pupils with specific needs. The appointee will need to work closely in partnership with the school and families to ensure the best possible learning experiences for the pupil.
Qualities we are looking for:
- a sense of humour
- experience in working with pupils with a wide range of needs, including those with learning difficulties, Autism and ADHD
- highly effective, enthusiastic, positive and caring
- adaptable and flexible
- high expectations for learning and strong behaviour management skills
- knowledge of how to promote independence in a learning environment
- able to assist in adapting the curriculum and lesson plans to suit the needs of the child
- a ‘whatever it takes’ attitude to remove barriers to learning
In return, we can offer you:
- happy, enthusiastic children who are ready to learn
- supportive and friendly staff, parents and governors
- further of opportunities for professional development
We are looking to recruit an individual who enjoys working as part of a team, with good communication skills which are key.
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed and can be arranged through contacting through the school office on 01332 371876.
Please do not apply using The Derbyshire County Council Website
A completed application form can be emailed to us at email@example.com or you can hand your application into our school office before the closing date. . Whitecross Nursery School
How to Apply
To apply for this post please complete a letter explaining your interest in the role along with a completed Derby City Council Application form and send to Claire Fitzpatrick Headteacher firstname.lastname@example.org
Please see attached Job Description, Job specification and DCC Application Form.
Please ensure your completed application is returned no later than 9.00am on the Closing Date.
Due to this post having access to children and/or vulnerable adults, the successful candidate will be required to undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service check. The possession of a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an applicant from obtaining this post, as all cases are judged individually according to the nature of the role and information provided. Click here to see our policy on criminal background checks.