- Springfield Junior School, Swadlincote
- Salary details
- L2 TA Pay Scale SCP 5 – 7 £21,575 - £22,369 FTE £14,778.68 - £15,322.56 pro rata
- Job term
- Part Time
- Appointment type
- Fixed Term - Due to funding until the end of July 2023
- 30 hours per week, 39 weeks per year
- Closing Date
- 09 December 2022
3 Posts (flexible part time hours will be considered)
QEGSMAT are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic Teaching Assistant to join our hardworking and high achieving team at Springfield Junior School, Swadlincote.
Flexible and committed Teaching Assistant
Are you passionate about working to support young children, some of whom may have a range of additional needs? Are you confident in working with children? Are you looking to join a friendly team who are committed to the learning and development of children?
If so, we have the role for you.
Springfield Junior School are currently looking for three enthusiastic and caring people to join our team as a Teaching Assistant. The successful candidates will be required to work where needed to support children across the Key Stage 2 age range.
The candidate must have experience and be able to build strong relationships and have high expectations for all children. They should be resilient, calm, kind and able to use their initiative as well as displaying strong behaviour management skills. Experience of working with children with SEND is desirable. Please read the person specification and job description very carefully and ensure you fit the criteria.
Springfield Junior School is a proud member of QEGSMAT. The Trust’s values are for students to ‘Question, Explore; Give; and Succeed’. Our exceptional staff, strong leadership, motivated children, as well as excellent facilities, provide the successful formula for this.
At QEGSMAT we believe and promote that exceptional workforce creates exceptional results; they transform lives and transform futures. We support every pupil to achieve their full potential and become a confident, resilient, and compassionate individual who can make a positive contribution to society.
Why work for us?
- Continual access to CPD opportunities. QEGSMAT works with a large number of organisations to develop staff to fulfil their aspirations and potential. We are committed to providing first-rate training and development to all our staff within this evolving Trust.
- We are committed to promoting equality, challenging discrimination, and developing community cohesion. We welcome applications from all sections of the community.
- All staff have access to our Employee Assistance Programme which provides confidential, independent and unbiased information and guidance 24/7. This can also include bespoke counselling sessions for staff if needed.
- All roles are subject to nationally agreed terms and conditions of service.
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS) with employer contributions of 23.4% for support staff. With access to Teacher Pension Scheme employer contributions of 23.68% for Teachers.
- Family-friendly policies.
- Access to Flu Vaccines.
- Opportunity to work flexibly.
QEGSMAT is also committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. It is a criminal offence to engage or seek to engage in regulated activity or regulated work with children, if you appear on the DBS barred list. All appointments are subject to an Enhanced DBS check and be eligible to work in the UK.
Further information about our commitment to Safeguarding can be found -https://www.qegsmat.com/documents/safeguarding
Please be aware, the School/Trust may also consider performing an online presence check as part of their preemployment checks.
Please do not apply using The Derbyshire County Council Website.
To apply for this position, please visit our Trust Website (https://www.qegsmat.com/current-vacancies/) where you can apply via TES.
Provisional Interview Date: 9 December 2022
Due to this post having access to children and/or vulnerable adults, the successful candidate will be required to undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service check. The possession of a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an applicant from obtaining this post, as all cases are judged individually according to the nature of the role and information provided. Click here to see our policy on criminal background checks.