- Derby Diocesan Academy Trust
- Salary details
- Grade 16 £61,644 - Grade 17 £75,163 per annum (depending on experience)
- Job term
- Full Time
- Appointment type
- 40 hours per week
- Closing Date
- 04 September 2022
Location: Hybrid working from home / Head Office at Bakewell / other schools within the Trust
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced and successful Senior School Improvement Officer to join Derby Diocesan Academy Trust’s (DDAT) central team. DDAT and DDAT 2 are a Multi Academy Trusts that oversee and support schools across Derbyshire and Derby City.
Established in 2014 by the Diocese of Derby, DDAT is committed to providing high quality education for all children in their academies based on clearly established Christian values and principles. With a healthy pipeline of schools who are in the process of joining the Trust, the new Senior School Improvement Officer will play a pivotal role within DDAT.
The successful candidate will:
- Understand and promote the distinctive character of Church of England Schools;
- Have substantial leadership and management experience at a senior level preferably with Secondary and Primary experience, or from similar duties in a Local Authority. You will need energy and the ability to work in a team that sets itself and schools, high standards – sometimes in challenging circumstances;
- Have a successful track record within your own school and in bringing about school improvement in a variety of other schools that demonstrates your capacity to contribute to the ambition we have for all our schools to become outstanding;
- Have a detailed understanding of what supports and develops the capacity of school leaders to embed ambition and drive improvement in their schools;
- Ensure the rapid improvement of Church Schools and Academies deemed to require special measures so that they become at least good at their next Section 5 Inspection;
- Monitor, and where appropriate, support the overall effectiveness of Church Schools in Derby Diocese;
- Share our ambition for achieving a consistently high-quality education for all our children and young people;
- Offer professional support, challenging and intellectual stimulus to our family of schools who have high expectations of our service.
In return, DDAT will offer you:
- An opportunity to work as part of a supportive team and empower you to further develop the Trust.
- A competitive salary and pension contributions.
- Ongoing high quality professional development opportunities.
- Benefits including but not limited to; Head Office free onsite parking at Bakewell or Derby Cathedral School, Cycle to Work Scheme, free eye tests and a contribution towards a pair of glasses for employees using VDU’s, Employee Assistant Programme & an opportunity to work flexibly.
Please do not apply using the Derbyshire County Council website.
To apply for this position, please download and complete the application documents below and submit to HR@ddat.org.uk by the closing date.
If you would like to arrange an informal discussion about this post please contact Jo Harris on 0333 355 4353.
Provisional Interview Date: Week commening 12 September 2022
Due to this post having access to children and/or vulnerable adults, the successful candidate will be required to undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service check. The possession of a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an applicant from obtaining this post, as all cases are judged individually according to the nature of the role and information provided. Click here to see our policy on criminal background checks.