- Stubbin Wood School & Nursery, Shirebrook
- Salary details
- Scale 6 Points 6 - 7 £19,697 - £20,145 pro-rata
- Job term
- Full Time
- Appointment type
- 37 hours per week, 39 weeks per year
- Closing Date
- 31 August 2022
Stubbin Wood School & Nursery is a Special School and is a member of T.E.A.M. Education Trust a multi academy group striving for the best pupil outcomes where the pupils are at the heart of everything we do.
We are looking to appoint a dedicated and resourceful Safeguarding Officer to join our friendly and efficient central team and assist the Safeguarding Manager with safeguarding duties across TEAM Education Trust and Stubbin Wood School.
Working with the Safeguarding Manager, as part of the central team, you will play a key part across the Trust for a growing number of schools.
The postholder’s main area of responsibilities are:
Provide a full, confidential support service to include:
- Establishment/use of systems to support work flow/work chasing
- Diary Management & booking rooms for meetings and providing information to meetings as required
- Production of various types of documents with a high degree of confidentiality and accuracy including GDPR/DPA arrangements
- Processing of reports to meet statutory Children’s Services timescales
- Take ownership of calls/enquiries, face to face or written communication with strong customer care skills and ensure that outstanding tasks are followed up and dealt with to the satisfaction of the Safeguarding Manager
- To assist with the preparation of new starters, ensuring accuracy in file preparation, documentation checking and entry onto the Single Central Record
- Is willing to work within organisational procedures, processes and to meet required standards for the role including a willingness to learn all aspects of the relevant legislation and guidance in relation to promoting the welfare of children and young people
- To display commitment to the protection and safeguarding of young people by respecting the views and needs of young people
- To attend a variety of Safeguarding meetings with the Safeguarding Manager and take appropriate/accurate minutes of the meeting and ensure statutory deadlines are met
- Have a keen eye to detail when it comes to inputting and maintaining databases as & when required (full training will be given on bespoke databases)
- To undertake general office duties including filing, scanning and photocopying
- Assist with Special Projects
- Create and collate relevant information, E.g. Newsletters and bulletins
Any other duties that correspond reasonably to the general character of the post and are
commensurate with its level of responsibility
To adhere to the requirements of the Data Protection Act/GDPR in respect of confidentiality and disclosure of data
- Developmental opportunities
- 31 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Flexible approach to working
- Free Parking
- Occupational Health Service/VDU Eye Tests
- Employee Assistance Scheme
- Positive Workload and Wellbeing Programme
This is an ideal opportunity for a driven person, committed to continual professional development and who is committed to reaching their potential in our rewarding educational environment with support from our senior leadership.
Please take a look at our school by visiting www.stubbinwood.derbyshire.sch.uk to learn more about our school.
Visits to our school are warmly welcomed (with social distancing guidelines adhered to). Please contact the school office to arrange an appointment on 01623 742795.
Please read the Person Specification and Job Description and, if you have the skills that we’re looking for we will be delighted to hear from you.
Please send your application using the Trust’s application form to: email@example.com
Please do not apply using the Derbyshire County Council website.
Due to this post having access to children and/or vulnerable adults, the successful candidate will be required to undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service check. The possession of a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an applicant from obtaining this post, as all cases are judged individually according to the nature of the role and information provided. Click here to see our policy on criminal background checks.