- City of Derby Academy
- Salary details
- Scale 5 £22,415-£24,407 pro rota (£26,421 - £28,770 FTE)
- Job term
- Full Time
- Appointment type
- 37 hours per week, 39 weeks per year
- Closing Date
- 03 March 2024
PLEASE DO NOT APPLY USING THE DERBYSHIRE COUNTY COUNCIL WEBSITE, PLEASE SEE DETAILS BELOW.
QEGSMAT are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic Librarian to join our hardworking team at City of Derby Academy.
You will be someone who can promote, review and support the reading culture of the school by managing and maintaining the library as a resource and a learning environment. The library has benefitted from significant investment recently, and we are looking for someone who will continue to develop this welcoming space during both lesson and social time.
Our vision for the library at City of Derby Academy is for it to be the heart of the school’s ‘reading for pleasure’ ethos and a space where pupils feel comfortable and confident. It is vital that our librarian shares this vision and is able to promote a love of reading and learning. As the school librarian, you will also support a team holding reading intervention sessions with individuals and small groups of students. The librarian will also be responsible for managing the library stock including: growing the current library stock, managing loans using our library management system, reviewing borrowing trends and library usage.
While an experienced librarian is desirable, for the right, enthusiastic and passionate candidate, training can be provided.
We serve a very diverse community with over 30 home languages. The school’s vision is “improving the life chances of all students”. We aim to achieve this through a broad, balanced and ambitious curriculum that enables students to achieve the best academic, technical and vocational outcomes possible. Moreover, we continually strive to develop our students’ character through our core values of Respectful, Responsible and Ready to Achieve which underpin everything we do, every day.
City of Derby Academy is a proud member of QEGSMAT. The Trust’s values are for students to ‘Question, Explore; Give; and Succeed’. Our exceptional staff, strong leadership, motivated children, as well as excellent facilities, provide the successful formula for this.
At QEGSMAT we believe and promote that exceptional workforce creates exceptional results; they transform lives and transform futures. We support every pupil to achieve their full potential and become a confident, resilient, and compassionate individual who can make a positive contribution to society.
Why work for us?
- At QEGSMAT, we value the hard work and dedication of our team members, and as such we believe that progression should be a simple process. That’s why we are proud to offer an Automatic Pay Review program, rather than the traditional annual pay and performance review, as part of our comprehensive benefits package.
- Continual access to CPD opportunities. QEGSMAT works with a large number of organisations to develop staff to fulfil their aspirations and potential. We are committed to providing first-rate training and development to all our staff within this evolving Trust.
- We are committed to promoting equality, challenging discrimination, and developing community cohesion. We welcome applications from all sections of the community.
- All staff have access to our Employee Assistance Programme which provides confidential, independent and unbiased information and guidance 24/7. This can also include bespoke counselling sessions for staff if needed.
- All roles are subject to nationally agreed terms and conditions of service.
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS) with employer contributions of 23.4% for Derbyshire support staff.
- Family-friendly policies.
- Access to Flu Vaccines.
- Opportunity to work flexibly.
QEGSMAT is also committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. It is a criminal offence to engage or seek to engage in regulated activity or regulated work with children, if you appear on the DBS barred list. All appointments are subject to an Enhanced DBS check and be eligible to work in the UK.
Further information about our commitment to Safeguarding can be found - https://www.qegsmat.com/documents/safeguarding
Please be aware, the Trust may also consider performing an online presence check as part of their pre-employment checks.
If you are interested and wish to have an informal conversation to discuss the role or would like to visit the school, we would be happy to arrange this. Please call 01332 270450. Further details about our school can be found on our website: https://www.cityofderbyacademy.org/
To apply for this position, please visit our Trust Website https://qegsmat.face-ed.co.uk/vacancies where you can apply via Face Ed.
Potential Start date: ASAP
Provisional Interview Date: Week commencing 11 March 2024.
Due to this post having access to children and/or vulnerable adults, the successful candidate will be required to undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service check. The possession of a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an applicant from obtaining this post, as all cases are judged individually according to the nature of the role and information provided. Click here to see our policy on criminal background checks.
Please be aware that Derbyshire County Council is placing this advert on behalf of this organisation and you should refer directly to its website for details of the terms and conditions attached to this post. Any queries regarding this advert or the recruitment process should be made directly to the organisation.