- Chellaston Academy, Derby
- Salary details
- Scale 5 £24,496- £26,845 FTE (£20,694- £22,679 Pro-rata)
- Job term
- Full Time
- Appointment type
- 37 hours per week
- Closing Date
- 09 December 2022
QEGSMAT is seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and experienced Learning Mentor to join our hardworking and high achieving team at the Chellaston Academy.
Chellaston is an 11-18 school whose educational philosophy is to develop confident, global citizens who can thrive in the changing world. The school is rapidly improving and is a rewarding and exciting place to work.
Chellaston Academy is a proud member of QEGSMAT. The Trust’s values are for students to ‘Question, Explore; Give; and Succeed’. Our exceptional staff, strong leadership, motivated children, as well as excellent facilities, provide the successful formula for this.
At QEGSMAT we believe and promote that exceptional workforce creates exceptional results; they transform lives and transform futures. We support every pupil to achieve their full potential and become a confident, resilient, and compassionate individual who can make a positive contribution to society.
Why work for us?
- Continual access to CPD opportunities. QEGSMAT works with a large number of organisations to develop staff to fulfil their aspirations and potential. We are committed to providing first-rate training and development to all our staff within this evolving Trust.We are committed to promoting equality, challenging discrimination, and developing community cohesion. We welcome applications from all sections of the community.
- All staff have access to our Employee Assistance Programme which provides confidential, independent and unbiased information and guidance 24/7. This can also include bespoke counselling sessions for staff if needed.
- All roles are subject to nationally agreed terms and conditions of service.
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS) with employer contributions of 23.4% for support staff.
- Family-friendly policies.
- Access to Flu Vaccines.
- Opportunity to work flexibly.
QEGSMAT is also committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All appointments are subject to an Enhanced DBS check and be eligible to work in the UK. Further information about our commitment to Safeguarding can be found - https://www.qegsmat.com/documents/safeguarding
If you are interested and wish to have an informal conversation to discuss the role or would like to visit the school, we would be happy to arrange this. Please call 01332 702502. Further details about our school can be found on our website: https://www.chellaston.derby.sch.uk/
Please do not apply using The Derbyshire County Council Website.
To apply for this position, please visit our Trust Website (https://www.qegsmat.com/current-vacancies/) where you can apply via TES.