Higher Level Teaching Assistant
- Shirebrook Academy
- Salary details
- Band F points 12 – 17 £18,951 - £20,768 Based on full time salary of £24,496 - £26,845 (plus an additional 1 week of pay if the appointee has 5 years or more continuous service with the Local Authority)
- Job term
- Part Time
- Appointment type
- 32 hours and 30 minutes per week, 38 weeks per year
- Closing Date
- 19 June 2023
Shirebrook Academy is at the heart of the Shirebrook community. We are committed to making a real difference to the lives of our young people and will provide outstanding learning and enrichment opportunities for them throughout their time with us. To be able to achieve this, we need to have a team of dedicated and outstanding staff, who will contribute to our exceptional learning community. In May 2017 Shirebrook Academy joined ACET (Aston Community Education Trust) which further strengthens our capacity to improve opportunities for all our students and staff.
We are looking to appoint a HLTA who is passionate about working alongside our children, committed to safeguarding and supportive of the ethos of our school.
As a HLTA you will :
- compliment teachers’ delivery of the curriculum and contribute to the development of teaching assistants and students in the Academy
- work collaboratively with teaching staff and assist them in the whole planning cycle and the management/preparation of resources
- consistently demonstrate the expectations outlined in the HLTA Standards
- supervise whole classes during the short-term absence of teachers
- contribute to CPD of colleagues within the trust
- be committed to promoting positive values, attitudes and behaviour
- be able to interest, engage and motivate students to work hard
- be able to advance students’ learning in a range of classroom settings
- able to communicate effectively with stakeholders through leading regular review meetings, correspondence and written reports.
*You will be based at Shirebrook Academy but the role may involve working at other academies within the trust.
ACET is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All applicants should read our safeguarding Policy and Safer Recruitment Policy, which are available on the ‘policy’ section of our academy websites.
It is an offence to seek employment in regulated activity if you are barred from working with children. This post will involve regular contact with children, and therefore is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. Applicants are therefore not entitled to withhold information about convictions, cautions or bind-over orders which for any other purposes are “spent” under the provisions of the Act. Any information that is “protected” under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 will not appear on a DBS certificate and does not need to be declared. Guidance on this can be found at https://www.gov.uk /government/publications/new-guidance-on-the-rehabilitation-of-offenders-act-1974.
ACET is committed to ensuring equality of opportunity throughout the recruitment process. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds, and your application will be assessed purely on your ability to do the job.
We undertake to make any ‘reasonable adjustments’ to a job or workplace to counteract any disadvantages a disabled person may face. Where required, we will make reasonable adjustments to the selection process for an applicant with a disability.
Please note if you have not received a reply within three weeks, your application has been unsuccessful.
Please do not apply using The Derbyshire County Council Website.
Applications should be returned to email@example.com
Due to this post having access to children and/or vulnerable adults, the successful candidate will be required to undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service check. The possession of a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an applicant from obtaining this post, as all cases are judged individually according to the nature of the role and information provided. Click here to see our policy on criminal background checks.