- Oakwood Junior School, Alvaston
- Salary details
- Grade E sc10-14, £23,620 - £25,409 pro rata
- Job term
- Part Time
- Appointment type
- 2-3 days per week (negotiable hours), term time only plus INSET days
- Closing Date
- 25 September 2023
We are looking to appoint a dedicated, enthusiastic and highly motivated Attendance Officer who will be committed to promoting and maintaining high levels of attendance/punctuality and to work with families to support good attendance in our school.
The successful candidate will play a key part in the continual development of the monitoring and tracking of student attendance, promoting positive attitudes to pupils and their families towards education and ensuring that parents are made fully aware of their statutory responsibilities, particularly where there is persistent absence. This role will include making home visits and attending meetings both at school and off site.
You will be involved in:
- Ensuring information is stored securely.
- Complete paperwork for all attendance related issues.
- Write attendance reports.
- Request medical letters when necessary.
- Monitor absences and investigate unexplained absences accordingly.
- Updating attendance and absence on our management system
We are looking for someone who has:
- NVQ3 or equivalent, or equivalent level of experience.
- Understanding of the importance of confidentiality and an appreciation of the implications of the Data Protection Act.
- Ability to relate well to children and adults in a variety of situations.
- Empathy in difficult situations and ability to agree appropriate outcomes.
- Able to operate effectively as a part of a team and with minimum supervision
Our Mission Statement: 'Every Child is a Learner and Can Achieve’ represents our attitude to the support we endeavour to offer each and every pupil in our care.
Oakwood Junior School joined ‘Odyssey Collaborative Trust’ in 2021 and networks closely with the other six schools in the Trust. We provide education for pupils of all abilities and we pride ourselves on our inclusive nature and ethos.
Oakwood Junior School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Please refer to our Child Protection and Safeguarding policy on our website using the following link: https://www.oakwoodjuniorschool.co.uk/policies
We are committed to equality of opportunity in employment and services.
Please do not apply using The Derbyshire County Council Website.
An application pack is attached to this advert. Please return the completed application form and a covering letter to the school via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or send in to the address above.
Interview date: TBC. As this position is designated as a “Regulated Activity” references will be sought in advance of an interview.
Due to this post having access to children and/or vulnerable adults, the successful candidate will be required to undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service check. The possession of a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an applicant from obtaining this post, as all cases are judged individually according to the nature of the role and information provided. Click here to see our policy on criminal background checks.