- High Peak Trail, Middleton Top Visitor Centre, Matlock
- Salary details
- Grade 4 £5,906.40 per annum
- Job term
- Part Time
- Appointment type
- 10 hours and 30 minutes per week
- Closing Date
- 26 March 2023
We are looking for a friendly, organised, flexible, and creative person to join our Countryside service team and play a key role within our Middleton Top Visitor Centre, near Cromford.
Our Countryside service is passionate about maintaining our variety of wonderful Derbyshire countryside sites and facilities which all are valued by our community and our visitors.
You will play an essential ‘first point of contact’ customer services role for visitors, facilitating retail sales and providing information and advice relating to events and general activities, on site and across the wider Countryside Service.
What will you be doing?
- Providing a warm welcome and advice to visitors on countryside and tourism
- Be responsible for the day to day management of sales, displaying and selling of items, handling of money, operating a till & cashing up
- Assisting with group visits, bookings and events.
- Keeping the centre clean, tidy and welcoming to visitors, including opening and closing the centre and assisting with displays and exhibitions
- Providing administrative support including keeping daily financial records
- Working flexibly as part of a team to provide excellent customer service and acting as a point of contact for the team
This list is not exhaustive, please do take a look at our comprehensive job profile for more detail.
What skills/experience do you need?
- A positive “can do” attitude
- Excellent communication skills and a fondness of working with the public
- Knowledge of our Countryside sites and service
- Experience of working in a shop / selling environment and the handling of cash and till operation
- The confidence to work alone with the ability to problem solve and use own initiative
In return, we offer commitment to your continuing professional development with ongoing training opportunities in a supportive team, as well as range of benefits including:
- Generous annual leave
- Time off in lieu
- Generous local government pension scheme
- Guaranteed incremental annual pay increases
- Cycle to work scheme
- A comprehensive wellbeing package
- Discounts at selected county leisure centres
- and much more……
For more information on other vacancies in our Countryside team, the wonderful work we do and the benefits we can offer simply visit; https://www.derbyshire.gov.uk/working-for-us/jobs/countryside/countryside-service-jobs.aspx
For an informal discussion about this role, please contact Mark Brailsford on 07990 796192
The role will involve significant periods of working alone and requires working weekends in the summer season, April to August, and alternate Sundays in the winter, November to March.
Working pattern: April to August, and October half term, Tuesday to Thursday, 7 hours 30 minutes per day. November to March, alternate Saturdays, 7 hours per day.
Saturday and Sunday hours will be paid at plain time where it is part of your normal working pattern unless it is between 7pm and 7am, where enhanced rates of pay apply. Enhanced pay rates are paid for Bank Holiday working.
We will consider the hours being shared by 2 successful candidates.