- County Hall, Matlock
- Salary details
- Grade 9 £28,129 - £30,038 per annum
- Job term
- Full Time
- Appointment type
- Fixed Term - Due to funding 3 years from start date
- 37 hours per week
- Closing Date
- 15 January 2023
£26,204 to £28,113 - Plus market leading package (see below)
An exciting opportunity has arisen within the Conservation, Heritage & Design Section for a dynamic and committed individual to support the Derwent Valley Mills World Heritage Site (DVMWHS) Coordination Team as Assistant Coordinator.
You will assist in the coordination of programmes, projects and activity in the DVMWHS to conserve, preserve and interpret the World Heritage Site in accordance with HM Government’s Management Plan, with a focus on outreach.
What will I be doing:
Assisting in the coordination and delivery of actions in the DVMWHS Management Plan, in particular:
Aim 2 – promoting public awareness and engagement
Aim 3 – promoting sustainable development
Aim 4 – community engagement
- Assisting and contributing to the development of the DVMWHS as a major tourism destination, including effectively interpretating its outstanding universal value.
- Assisting the coordination team in servicing the structures of the DVMWHS Partnership including the Strategic Board and the Technical Group.
- Supporting the co-ordination of volunteer engagement and redevelopment of a community of volunteers.
- Assisting in the co-ordination of the contributions of partners and stakeholders as appropriate, to ensure a cohesive approach to creating a brand for marketing the DVMWHS and its tourism offer.
This list is not exhaustive, take a look at our comprehensive job profile for more detail.
What skills and experience do you need to have:
- Related experience to the stewardship/influencing the management of assets in multiple ownership or complex sites
- Experience of engaging and working with diverse audiences.
- Work with local communities and experience of consultation techniques for different situations
- Project management and excellent IT skills including Microsoft Office
- Website development and experience of administering social media accounts
- Be enthusiastic, versatile and self-motivated with the ability to work well as part of a team
- Understand how to respond/prioritise the sometimes competing priorities of a wide range of organisations
What we offer you:
- 25 days of annual leave plus another 5 once you reach 5 years of continuous service, plus 9 bank holidays
- Flexi time, allowing up to an additional 2 days of leave per month
- Training and development opportunities
- Generous local government pension scheme
- Guaranteed incremental annual pay increases
- Access to a comprehensive wellbeing package
- Cycle to work scheme
- Discounts at selected county leisure centres
- and much more!
The coordination team is based in Matlock, Derbyshire, but as part of our Modern Ways of Working programme we are currently working on a hybrid basis. There'll be an opportunity to discuss future working arrangements at interview.
We're always pleased to hear from talented people so if you're looking to join a dynamic team and have the skills and experience we're looking for, then we'd like to hear from you.
If you would like to have an informal chat about this role, get in touch with Adrian Farmer email@example.com or telephone 01629 536830.
Provisional Interview Date: 2 and 3 February at Matlock