- Chesterfield SS Office, West Street, Chesterfield
- Salary details
- Grade 12 £39,840 - £43,224 per annum
- Job term
- Full Time
- Appointment type
- 37 hours per week
- Closing Date
- 05 June 2023
An exciting opportunity has come up for a full time practice supervisor within the Children in Care team in Chesterfield. The team has an experienced and skilled group of social workers and an excellent manager and looking forward to welcoming an energetic and dynamic practice supervisor into the team.
We’re proud of our social work practice and commitment to children and their families in Derbyshire, our excellent supervision, systemic practice, manageable caseloads, innovative working, training opportunities and high aspirations for the children we work with.
What will you be doing?
- Providing practice supervision on all case work (group and one to one)
- Personal supervision to Social Workers within the team
- Undertaking a professional practice lead role within their designated area of service.
- Assisting the Team Manager in efficient and effective delivery of the Children’s Services Social Work Service.
- Demonstrating and championing systemic practice.
- Embedding Derbyshire’s operating model into all social work practice to improve outcomes for children, young people, and families.
What skills and experience do you need?
- Essential Qualifications (refer to job and person profile for more information).
- Experience of creating rapport and building effective relationships with families.
- Experience in enabling flexible and thoughtful social work practice and positive change.
Our Practice Supervisor Role attracts a starting salary of £39,840 with annual increments to £43,224 pro rata.
We believe that hard work and commitment to your role should be rewarded, so we offer a package that will ensure you always feel supported and valued:
- Diverse range of cases providing an exciting, challenging and rewarding career
- Effective leadership and management which helps to reduce risk for our social workers and the children and families they support
- Excellent supervision and a supportive peer network
- Systemic training – for supervision and management
- A development programme (specific to your role) – to enable you to gain confidence and competence in your role and regularly network with your peers across the department
- Access to an excellent range of training and development opportunities, worth over £5000, including leadership and management development.
- Corporate membership with Research in Practice – allowing access to reputable, evidence-based research, training, and resources
- Fantastic opportunities to undertake further formal qualifications and career progression through our career pathways
- DBS check undertaken and paid for by us
- Social Work England registration fee reimbursed
For more information on Children and Family services and becoming a social worker in Derbyshire please visit https://www.derbyshire.gov.uk/social-health/children-and-families/social-worker-recruitment/be-a-social-worker-for-derbyshire.aspx
What benefits do we offer you?
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- generous annual leave and flexi-time scheme
- travel expenses
- discount on leisure centre memberships
- free car parking at most sites
- an in-house counselling service
- occupational health service
- access to sessions with a trained physiotherapist
- cycle to work scheme
Due to this post having access to children and/or vulnerable adults, the successful candidate will be required to undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service check. The possession of a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an applicant from obtaining this post, as all cases are judged individually according to the nature of the role and information provided. Click here to see our policy on criminal background checks.