- County Hall, Matlock
- Salary details
- Grade 10 £29,184 - £32,389 per annum
- Job term
- Full Time
- Appointment type
- 37 hours per week
- Closing Date
- 21 August 2022
In 2018 the Council implemented the Social Care Case Management System. (Mosaic)
The post of Management Information Officer withing the Mosaic Team primarily involves:
- Development, workflow design and configuration; or redesign of recording processes within the Case Management System.
- Problem resolution and advice giving to MOSAIC users.
- Contact and collaborative work with the operational workforce and system users, as well as ICT colleagues.
This will encompass:
- Analysis of problems and testing of solutions
- The production and delivery of guidance or briefings for users of the case management system.
- Maintaining system infrastructure such as worker role permissions and accounts, organisational structures to meet evolving operational requirements
As continued benefit realisation of the case management system, the Mosaic team will shortly be developing and introducing new exciting aspects to the case management system; this will include developing:
- Group recording for case records.
- Mobile case recording.
- Development of online portals for clients and professionals.
- Sharing or viewing core data between systems.
Post holders will be required to contribute this work within the wider team and service.
The post will also be assisting in the delivery of solutions to consolidate systems, whilst maximizing the potential of systems to promote effective and efficient working within Children's Services.
This role focuses upon developing and maintaining the Social Care Case Management System (Mosaic) and other aligned systems in Children’s Services and will require safe and compliant working with personal and sensitive data.
Experience of working with or using systems in the context of case management is desirable, as is knowledge of the services delivered to Children and Families, and project work; however, full support in learning how to undertake the requirements tasks of this role will be given on an ongoing basis.
If you are enthusiastic, want a new challenge and think you can contribute to our exciting and continually evolving work as a permanent member of our team we welcome your application.
Please address in your application how you could achieve tasks and responsibilities described within this advert, as well as those detailed in the person specification of the post, as all roles within the service operate under a broad-based Job Description and Person Profile.
Working pattern and daily hours will be agreed with successful applicant at point of an offer being made.
The purpose of the Information and ICT service is to support operational services to deliver the best possible outcomes for children and young people in Derbyshire, through the provision of integrated and focused information and ICT services.
Key results for our broader service are:
- Providing a strategic ICT Lead for Children’s Services
- Support/Management of operational software contracts for Children’s Services
- ICT Training and Support (including for Derbyshire Schools)
- Statutory Returns
- Data and Reporting (60+ Statutory reports, 3000+ operational reports)
- System Support and Configuration
- Information Governance, Support and Guidance for Children’s Services
- Information Services
Provisional interview date: 16 September 2022
Due to this post having administrative privileges within the Council’s IT systems, and in order to comply with the Public Services Network requirements, the successful candidate will be required to undertake a Basic criminal record check. The possession of a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an applicant from obtaining this post, as all cases are judged individually according to the nature of the role and information provided. Click here to see our policy on criminal background checks.