- County Wide
- Salary details
- Grade 9-11 £35,038 - £43,713 per annum pro rata (including a Welcome Payment and Market Supplement)
- Job term
- Part Time and Full Time hours available
- Appointment type
- Various Hours Available
- Closing Date
- 29 October 2023
At Derbyshire County Council, we are dedicated to making a difference in Derbyshire by investing in our team members!
That’s why we’re looking for enthusiastic and motivated qualified social workers to come and join our teams around the county.
We are excited to announce new and enhanced payment packages for the following grades which reflects our commitment to attracting and retaining top talent, ensuring our pay is rewarding and competitive:
- Grade 9 - £35,038 pro rata made up of:
- Basic salary per annum: £30,038
- Market supplement payment per annum: £4,000 pro rata
- Welcome Payment of £1,000 pro rata
- Grade 10 - £38,245 - £39,314 pro rata made up of:
- Basic salary per annum: £33,245 - £34,314 pro rata
- Market supplement payment per annum: £3,000 pro rata
- Welcome Payment of £2,000 pro rata
- Grade 11 - £41,514 - £43,713 pro rata made up of:
- Basic salary per annum: £36,514 - £38,713 pro rata
- Market supplement payment per annum: £2,000 pro rata
- Welcome Payment of £3,000 pro rata
Derbyshire is a large authority divided into six localities: Amber Valley, Chesterfield, Erewash, High Peak (Buxton, Glossop, New Mills, and Matlock), Bolsover and North East, and South Derbyshire.
Alongside our Locality teams we have a countywide Disability Children Service, based in Alfreton.
Additionally, we have an exciting opportunity within Starting Point, Derbyshire County Council's multi-agency and multi-disciplinary front door to children's services and early help, based in Darley Dale, Matlock.
The front door ensures that all referrals into Children’s Services are effectively considered by applying timely informed decisions based on the needs of the child/family, multi-agency information sharing and a consistent application of the Derby and Derbyshire Safeguarding Partnership threshold. The aim is that children and families who require help receive it at the most appropriate lowest level of intervention, receiving the right help at the right time.
We currently have full time and part time opportunities in all six localities and within our Children Disability and Starting Point Teams
In recent years, we have successfully supported newly qualified social workers in advancing their careers with us and welcomed experienced social workers to our dedicated workforce.
Derbyshire is an ambitious and innovative Authority and is keen to continue to build upon our successful recruitment by adding to our existing workforce. We offer supportive frameworks and excellent progression opportunities.
We work hard to ensure that our Social Workers have the time and resources to be their best and deliver good outcomes for children and families. Our vision means working creatively to inspire and empower children, young people and their families to be the best they can be.
We want to shine a light on how valuable our employees are, the excellent work they do each day and utilise individuals unique qualities and strengths that makes up our diverse teams.
94% of our staff in Children’s Social Work are proud to work for Derbyshire County Council and we strive to offer the best service to our service users. (From our Annual Employee Survey 2022)
What can you expect from us?
We believe in recognizing your hard work and commitment by providing a comprehensive package that ensures you feel supported and valued:
- A focus on achieving consistently manageable case loads
- Accelerated pay progression opportunities
- Access to an excellent range of training and development opportunities, worth over £5000
- Systemic training equivalent to Post Graduate Certificate
- Excellent supervision and a supportive peer network
- Effective leadership and management
- Fantastic opportunities for career progression and further formal qualifications
- Diverse range of cases providing an exciting, challenging and rewarding career
- DBS fee covered and Social Work England registration fee reimbursed
What rewards and benefits do we offer you?
In addition to Derbyshire being a fantastic place to live and work, with the miles of peaceful countryside and great transport links to several cities and towns, there are a number of benefits to being a Derbyshire County Council employee:
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Our Derbyshire Rewards - Discounts from high street retailer and more
- Generous annual leave and flexi time scheme
- Travel expenses
- Discount on leisure centre memberships
- Free car parking at most sites
- An in-house counselling service
- Occupational Health service
- Access to sessions with a trained physiotherapist
- Cycle to work scheme
- Various Employee Networks championing inclusivity across the council
To get more insight on what it’s like to be a Social Worker in Derbyshire and what progression may look like for you, click here.
If you are Social Work qualified and have Social Worker England registration, or are a graduate waiting for registration, we would love to hear from you. If you would like any more information then please contact email@example.com
The market supplement paid as part of this role is as a separate payment made in addition to the normal salary as detailed above. All market supplement payments are reviewed 6 months prior to their proposed end date to determine whether the supplement should continue. The current market supplement payment is agreed until June 2025.
The initial one off lump sum welcome payment attached to this post is payable in your first salary. If you voluntarily leave the Council’s employment or move to an ineligible internal role, within 24 months of your start date, you will be required to repay all of this welcome payment.
Due to this post having access to children and/or vulnerable adults, the successful candidate will be required to undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service check. The possession of a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an applicant from obtaining this post, as all cases are judged individually according to the nature of the role and information provided. Click here to see our policy on criminal background checks.