- Shand House, Dale Road South, Matlock
- Salary details
- Grade 12 £40,967 - £43,224 per annum
- Job term
- Full Time
- Appointment type
- 37 hours per week
- Closing Date
- 01 October 2023
Join our Dynamic Team and Make a Real Difference in Children's Lives!
Are you a compassionate and determined professional looking for an exciting opportunity to contribute to the well-being of children and young people? Look no further! Derbyshire County Council is seeking a dedicated Practice Supervisor to join our Children's Out of Hours Service. In this role, you will have the chance to advance your career, enjoy excellent benefits, and utilize your skills and experience to genuinely improve outcomes for children and young people.
Why Choose Derbyshire County Council?
At Derbyshire County Council, we take immense pride in our social work practice and unwavering commitment to children and their families. We offer a supportive environment with outstanding supervision, manageable caseloads, innovative working approaches, and a strong emphasis on training and development. We have high aspirations for the children we work with and strive to make a lasting positive impact on their lives.
- Collaborate closely with the Head of Service, Team Manager, and Starting Point to develop and enhance our Out of Hours Service, aligning it with Derbyshire's front door approach.
- Provide practice supervision to a group and on a one-to-one basis, ensuring that our social workers have the support they need.
- Take on a professional practice lead role within your designated area of service, actively contributing to the efficient and effective delivery of our Children's Services Social Work Service.
- Demonstrate and champion systemic practice, embedding Derbyshire's operating model into all social work activities to improve outcomes for children, young people, and families.
- Make threshold decisions within all case work, ensuring the best interests of the children are safeguarded.
- Participate in the on-call rotation to provide support outside regular working hours.
What You Bring to the Team:
- Essential qualifications (refer to job and person profile for more information).
- Experience in building rapport and establishing effective relationships with families.
- A track record of enabling flexible and thoughtful social work practice that drives positive change.
We Value Your Dedication:
In recognition of your hard work and commitment, we offer a comprehensive package designed to support and reward you throughout your career journey:
- Engaging and diverse range of cases, providing an exciting, challenging, and rewarding career.
- Effective leadership and management practices that prioritize reducing risk for our social workers and the families they support.
- Excellent supervision and a supportive peer network to foster professional growth.
- Systemic training for supervision and management, empowering you with valuable skills.
- Tailored development program to enhance your confidence and competence in your role, along with networking opportunities with peers across the department.
- Access to a wide range of training and development opportunities worth over £5000, including leadership and management development.
- Corporate membership with Research in Practice, granting access to reputable, evidence-based research, training, and resources.
- Fantastic prospects for further formal qualifications and career progression through our well-defined career pathways.
- DBS check undertaken and paid for by us.
- Reimbursement of Social Work England registration fee.
Experience the Fulfilment of Working with Us:
- Local Government Pension Scheme.
- Generous annual leave.
- Travel expenses.
- Discount on leisure centre memberships.
- Free car parking at most sites.
- In-house counselling service.
- Occupational health service
- Access to sessions with a trained physiotherapist for your physical well-being.
- Cycle to work scheme.
Join our dedicated team of professionals and make a lasting impact on the lives of children and young people in Derbyshire. Apply now and embark on a rewarding career journey with us!
Due to this post having access to children and/or vulnerable adults, the successful candidate will be required to undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service check. The possession of a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an applicant from obtaining this post, as all cases are judged individually according to the nature of the role and information provided. Click here to see our policy on criminal background checks.