- Florence Shipley Centre, Market Place, Heanor
- Salary details
- Grade 4 £9,370.44 per annum
- Job term
- Part Time
- Appointment type
- Fixed Term - Due to short term peak in demand until February 2026
- 15 hours per week
- Closing Date
- 10 March 2024
We are looking for a 15 hour Cook to join our team for a 2 year fixed term basis.
You must be able to work within a team and be able to prepare and cook meals from a full range of pre-planned menus to ensure that individual requirements or preferences are met. You must be able to work within strict policies and procedures regarding cleanliness and meal provision. Knowledge of Health and Safety and Food Hygiene is essential as are numerical skills around stock control and ordering.
Experience of preparing and cooking meals is essential and ideally you will have previous experience of cooking for large groups, in particular older adults whereby nutritional and hydration requirements are of paramount importance and knowledge of special dietary requirements is advantageous.
You must be able to work flexible from 7am till 4pm over seven days which includes week ends and bank holiday.
Employees have access to a range of benefits and discounts including:
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme
- 25/27 days annual leave per year (rising to 30/32 days after 5 years continuous service) plus 8 bank holidays (pro rata). Grade dependant.
- Training and development opportunities
- Paid travel expenses if required to travel to other sites
- Smarter travel scheme including access to the cycle to work scheme
- Supportive management and team
- Access to our in-house occupational services which also includes free eye tests, physiotherapy and counselling
- Derbyshire rewards – offering hundreds of discounts and cashback
More details on the benefits of working for the council can be found on our reward and recognition page here
For informal enquiries please contact Florence Shipley Community Care Centre and ask to speak to Paul Morris Unit Manager on telephone number 01629 531367
Due to this post having access to children and/or vulnerable adults, the successful candidate will be required to undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service check. The possession of a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an applicant from obtaining this post, as all cases are judged individually according to the nature of the role and information provided. Click here to see our policy on criminal background checks.
The job may require unsocial hours working including weekends and Bank Holidays. Payment arrangements will be detailed in any contract offer made.
Saturday and Sunday hours will be paid at plain time where it is part of your normal working pattern unless it is between 7pm and 7am, where enhanced rates of pay apply. Enhanced pay rates are paid for Bank Holiday working.
Apply now and take the first step towards a fulfilling career with us! By joining Derbyshire County Council you will have access to a range of amazing rewards and employee benefits, including our generous annual leave scheme, excellent local government pension and fantastic employee discounts. To discover more detail about the rewards and benefits available to you, click here
Young workers – Please note there are different rules for young workers in regard to working hours. Please ensure the information contained within the following ACAS link is understood before applying