- Castle Court, Linton Road, Castle Gresley, Swadlincote
- Salary details
- Grade 1/2 £10.50 per hour (plus enhancements if applicable)
- Job term
- No Guaranteed Hours
- Appointment type
- As and when required
- Closing Date
- 01 October 2023
As a relief Catering Assistant in one of our care homes you will be working in a kitchen assisting with the preparation, cooking, and service of the resident’s meals.
Your role will include assisting the Catering Supervisor with the preparation of meals, preparing basic meals and cleaning duties within the kitchen. If you are looking for either a short- or longer-term rewarding role that offers good rates of pay, free uniform and high-quality training, then please apply for this role.
You will be required to maintain all hygiene standards in the unit and have a good customer service approach.
The ideal candidate will be part of the Catering team that provide high quality freshly prepared food to meet individual’s nutritional and dietary needs.
Employees have access to a range of benefits and discounts including:
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme
- 25 days annual leave per year (rising to 30 days after 5 years continuous service) plus 8 bank holidays (pro rata).
- Training and development opportunities
- Paid travel expenses if required to travel to other sites
- Smarter travel scheme including access to the cycle to work scheme
- Supportive management and team
- Access to our in-house occupational services which also includes free eye tests, physiotherapy and counselling
- Derbyshire rewards – offering hundreds of discounts and cashback
More details on the benefits of working for the council can be found on our reward and recognition page here
Provisional Interview Date: 9 October 2023
Due to this post having access to children and/or vulnerable adults, the successful candidate will be required to undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service check. The possession of a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an applicant from obtaining this post, as all cases are judged individually according to the nature of the role and information provided. Click here to see our policy on criminal background checks.
The job may require unsocial hours working including weekends and Bank Holidays. Payment arrangements will be detailed in any contract offer made.
Saturday and Sunday hours will be paid at plain time where it is part of your normal working pattern unless it is between 7pm and 7am, where enhanced rates of pay apply. Enhanced pay rates are paid for Bank Holiday working.