- Matlock region and the Surrounding area
- Salary details
- £10.42 per hour plus mileage
- Job term
- Part Time
- Appointment type
- 25 hours per week, 52 weeks per year
- Closing Date
- 31 March 2024
PLEASE DO NOT APPLY USING THE DERBYSHIRE COUNTY COUNCIL WEBSITE, PLEASE SEE DETAILS BELOW.
The shifts allocated will be between Monday to Friday, 7.00am to 7.00pm
Are you a Cleaner with experience or would you like to be trained to be an exceptional Cleaner? We can help.
Would you like to work for a Company who are fanatical about engaging our colleagues, improving their wellbeing and developing their careers?
If the answer is yes to the previous questions, your new opportunity is awaiting you;
We're looking for a dedicated Cleaner who wants to make a difference and thrives in a challenging environment. This is a fantastic opportunity to extend your cleaning experience, or to kickstart your career with extensive training in order for you to achieve your career goals.
Vertas is one of the fastest growing multi-services facilities management companies in the UK. Our passion is driven by putting our colleagues and customers at the heart of everything we do.
Values and Behaviours:
The Cleaning Operative will have:
- Great customer service and communication skills.
- Passion for sustainability.
- Team player providing an excellent service across the Vertas Group.
- The ability to make the best decisions with Vertas in mind.
- Listening and responding to colleagues, customers and suppliers to achieve the best outcome.
- The ability to adapt and respond to change in a growing organisation.
Main responsibilities include:
- Remove rubbish / clinical waste / sharps.
- Vacuuming carpeted areas and material covered furniture.
- Cleaning high hygiene areas e.g. toilets, kitchen.
- Dusting and damp wiping edges and ledges around the rooms.
- Mop and damp sweeping hard surface floors.
- Laundry and/ or other additional duties.
Vertas is committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and the successful candidate will be required to apply for an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service and declare any cautions, convictions, reprimands or final warnings which are not protected as defined by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (as amended in 2013).
Non contractual benefits
Lifeworks high street and online discounts
WeCare 24/7 employee assistance including remote GP and counselling
Mental Health First Aiders
Vertas Finest Recognition Scheme
Annual Making the Difference Awards
Refer a friend rewards
Personal Development opportunities including Aspire to Inspire and self led learning
We want enthusiastic individuals with a positive working attitude to join our team of 4,000 colleagues across the UK. Vertas Group are an inclusive and equal opportunities employer who believe that our people power what we do. We aim to ensure that our workforce reflects the diversity of the communities in which it operates.
This job description is current. It may be amended in any way following consultation with the post holder to take account of changes or anticipated changes in the organisation or management of Vertas Limited.
If you are interested in applying for this role please send your CV to Careers@vertas.co.uk including REF: VCF.3384
Please be aware that Derbyshire County Council is placing this advert on behalf of this organisation and you should refer directly to its website for details of the terms and conditions attached to this post. Any queries regarding this advert or the recruitment process should be made directly to the organisation.