- Outwood Academy Hasland Hall, Chesterfield
- Salary details
- NJC Grade 9, SCP 22-25 (£29,439 to £32,020 actual salary)
- Job term
- Full Time
- Appointment type
- 37 hours per week
- Closing Date
- 24 February 2023
We are delighted to be making an appointment for the position of Site Manager.
Outwood Grange Academies Trust is seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and committed Site Manager to be based at Outwood Academy Hasland Hall. Outwood Academy Hasland Hall is based in the historic market town of Chesterfield, and recently joined the Outwood Family of Schools in 2021. As a member of the Outwood Family we believe in putting Students First, raising standards and transforming lives.
We are looking for an experienced and exceptional candidate to help us provide a safe and progressive environment for learning. The successful candidate will be a strong leader to our Academy Site Team and will provide efficient and effective support to the Academy Business Manager and Principal.
Previous experience of working in a Site/Facilities Manager role is essential.
The person appointed will:
- Have a proven track record of managing Health & Safety across education sites preferably with accreditation
- Deliver premises related statutory compliance in respect of statutory inspections, risk assessments and checks
- Understand and administrate of school safeguarding policies and procedures
- Have experience of managing sites around preferably large, construction and refurbishment projects
- Have experience of managing contractors including checking standards of work
- Have experience of managing premises budgets, processing purchase orders, checking work done in respect of payment of invoices
- Have experience of managing teams in respect of planning & allocating workflow, coordinating the work of others to an appropriate standard, and all other aspects of staff management
- Develop and manage small premises related projects (up to £50K)
- Have experience working knowledge of computer packages including word processing, excel spreadsheets
- Have experience standard of literacy to complete reports, capital requests and communication with internal and external stakeholders
- Have the ability to prioritise and manage own workload in a fast paced environment
- Anticipate being hands on when necessary, cover absence,/ shift patterns as required
- Be responsible for and maintain the security of the site at all times
To view the person specification for this role please click HERE
To view the job description for this role please click HERE
Driving may be required within this role.
If you are interested, please apply now! We invite you to contact Molly Newman, HR Assistant at firstname.lastname@example.org should you have any questions regarding the role.
Outwood Grange Academies Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All appointments are made in accordance with safer recruitment practices and the statutory guidance in Keeping Children Safe in Education. Online checks will be carried out on all shortlisted candidates, and all appointments are subject to an enhanced DBS check, satisfactory references and checks regarding suitability to work with children.
We reserve the right to close advertisements early. Advertisements will therefore close at 12 noon, either on the advertised closing date, or the day the decision has been taken to close the advertisement early.
The Academy benefits from being part of the Outwood Family of Schools and you will be joining a highly innovative, inspirational and successful organisation. The Trust guarantees every member of staff CPD and development opportunities and various routes for career progression.
You must have the qualifications as per our attached person specification. These must be listed on your application and certificates must be provided at interview. Please also ensure your employment and education history is listed in chronological order with any gaps explained.
Please do not apply using The Derbyshire County Council Website.
Provisional Interview Date: 6 February 2023.
Due to this post having access to children and/or vulnerable adults, the successful candidate will be required to undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service check. The possession of a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an applicant from obtaining this post, as all cases are judged individually according to the nature of the role and information provided. Click here to see our policy on criminal background checks.