- Meadow View, Matlock
- Salary details
- Grade 3 £14,989.08 per annum
- Job term
- Part Time
- Appointment type
- 25 hours per week
- Closing Date
- 03 December 2023
We are currently looking for a dedicated individual who values our principals of providing a clean and safe living environment for our residents and staff, ensuring that cleaning standards are kept to a very high standard.
No specific experience is required as training will be given, however, the below skills are advantageous:
Previous cleaning experience
The use of cleaning products correctly to comply with Infection Control procedures/COSHH.
Using appropriate cleaning equipment
Preparation of tables for mealtimes
Excellent team player
An ability to show courtesy and dignity to service users
Must hold or be willing to gain NVQ I Cleaning
Employees have access to a range of benefits and discounts including:
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme
- 25 days annual leave per year (rising to 30 days after 5 years continuous service) plus 8 bank holidays (pro rata).
- Training and development opportunities
- Paid travel expenses if required to travel to other sites
- Smarter travel scheme including access to the cycle to work scheme
- Supportive management and team
- Access to our in-house occupational services which also includes free eye tests, physiotherapy and counselling
- Derbyshire rewards – offering hundreds of discounts and cashback
More details on the benefits of working for the council can be found on our reward and recognition page here
Due to this post having access to children and/or vulnerable adults, the successful candidate will be required to undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service check. The possession of a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an applicant from obtaining this post, as all cases are judged individually according to the nature of the role and information provided. Click here to see our policy on criminal background checks.
The job may require unsocial hours working including weekends and Bank Holidays. Payment arrangements will be detailed in any contract offer made.
Saturday and Sunday hours will be paid at plain time where it is part of your normal working pattern unless it is between 7pm and 7am, where enhanced rates of pay apply. Enhanced pay rates are paid for Bank Holiday working.
This position is included in the Council’s £100 ‘Recommend a Friend’ scheme, let us know your recommendation by asking the applicant to say that you recommended this job to them on the personal details section of their application form (Terms and conditions apply)