- Whitestones Care Home, Chapel-en-le-Frith, High Peak
- Salary details
- Grade 3 £11.59 per hour (plus enhancements if applicable)
- Job term
- No Guaranteed Hours
- Appointment type
- As and when required
- Closing Date
- 24 December 2023
⭐Derbyshire County Council are Hiring!⭐
We are currently looking for dedicated individuals who value our principals of providing a clean and safe living environment for our residents and staff, ensuring that cleaning standards are kept to a very high standard.
No specific experience is required as training will be given, however, the below skills are advantageous:
- Previous cleaning experience
- The use of cleaning products correctly to comply with Infection Control procedures/COSHH.
- Using appropriate cleaning equipment
- Preparation of tables for mealtimes
- Excellent team player
- An ability to show courtesy and dignity to service users
- Must hold or be willing to gain NVQ I Cleaning
Employees have access to a range of benefits and discounts including:
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme
- 25 days annual leave per year (rising to 30 days after 5 years continuous service) plus 8 bank holidays (pro rata).
- Training and development opportunities
- Smarter travel scheme including access to the cycle to work scheme
- Supportive management and team
- Access to our in-house occupational services which also includes free eye tests, physiotherapy and counselling
- Derbyshire rewards – offering hundreds of discounts and cashback
Please read the additional Job and Person profile attachment for more specific details, and we look forward to receiving your application!
Due to this post having access to children and/or vulnerable adults, the successful candidate will be required to undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service check. The possession of a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an applicant from obtaining this post, as all cases are judged individually according to the nature of the role and information provided. Click here to see our policy on criminal background checks.
The job may require unsocial hours working including weekends and Bank Holidays. Payment arrangements will be detailed in any contract offer made.
Saturday and Sunday hours will be paid at plain time where it is part of your normal working pattern unless it is between 7pm and 7am, where enhanced rates of pay apply. Enhanced pay rates are paid for Bank Holiday working.