- County Hall, Matlock
- Salary details
- Grade 9 £28,129 - £30,038 per annum
- Job term
- Full Time
- Appointment type
- 37 hours per week
- Closing Date
- 12 February 2023
We have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and motivated Vocational Qualification Assessor to join our amazing, supportive and experienced in-house Vocational Qualification team that has been established for over 25 years.
A key part in developing the council's people strategy is to creatively engage and develop our employees so they are committed to delivering the best outcomes for the residents of Derbyshire. This role is perfect for someone who is eager to learn, inspire and support others to really make a difference.
What will I be doing:
- Effectively guiding and mentoring a group of learners.
- Creating robust assessment plans utilising innovative and inspiring assessment methods, supporting the full assessment cycle.
- Using an e-portfolio system to support your learners.
- Self-directed and motivated to maintain and engage in continued professional development.
- Carry out face to face meetings and observations of practise, which will include travelling around Derbyshire.
This list is not exhaustive, take a look at our comprehensive job profile for more detail.
What skills and experience do you need to have:
- A recognised assessor qualification such as TAQA, A1, D32/D33 is preferable. However, if you don’t hold this qualification, you must be prepared to work towards and complete within 6 months of employment.
- Recent experience of working within an Adult Care setting.
- Experience of Assessing Diploma Level 2 and 3 in Adult care (or equivalent)
- IT competent with working knowledge of Microsoft Office and SharePoint
- Be enthusiastic, versatile and self-motivated with the ability to work well independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
What we offer you:
- 25 days of annual leave plus another five once you reach five years of continuous service.
- Flexi time.
- Generous local government pension scheme.
- Guaranteed incremental and you will pay increases.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Discounts at selected county leisure centres.
- and much more…
Our Vocational Qualification Team are contractually based in Matlock, Derbyshire, but primarily working from home and in other locations as and when required. There will be an opportunity to discuss future working arrangements at interview.
If you would prefer to submit a standard application form, you can download one here and upload this instead of your CV.
We are always pleased to hear from talented people so if you're looking to join a dynamic team and have the skills and experience we are looking for, then we'd like to hear from you
If you would like to have an informal chat about the role, please contact:
Elizabeth Caldbeck , Vocational Qualification Lead on: firstname.lastname@example.org or 07971 978483
Provisional Interview Date: 3 March 2023