- Shand House, Dale Road South, Matlock
- Salary details
- Grade 9 - 11 £30,054 - £40,638 per annum This role is eligible for a one-off Welcome Payment if starting 1st Jan to 31st Dec 2024. Adult SW will receive £1500 pro rata, and AMHP SW will receive £2500 pro rata in their first salary payment
- Job term
- Full Time
- Appointment type
- 37 hours per week
- Closing Date
- 03 March 2024
An exciting opportunity has arisen within the Derbyshire Dales Short Term Assessment and Reablement Team (START) based at Shand House, Darley Dale. This is a fast-paced and highly specialist team who are focused on the wellbeing, empowerment and reablement of people in our community - facilitating them to live safely and independently within their own homes.
We are seeking a skilled and motivated Social Worker to strengthen our team and manage some of our more complex work. The team is a mixture of Social Workers, Social Care Practitioners, Occupational Therapists and Enablement Support Workers. We take a multi-disciplinary approach and work closely alongside our health colleagues, including running our START DUTY at The Whitworth Hospital, Matlock (and other integrated co-locations).
Experience of managing a variety of Care Act (2014) interventions with a focus on strength-based approaches and outcomes is essential. Your role will also include taking the lead and timely recording of S42 safeguarding enquiries, VARM and completing Mental Capacity (2005) assessments.
Derbyshire County Council is a fantastic place to work with friendly, supportive teams, access to training and a wealth of other benefits such as our flexi working scheme. You will have a minimum of monthly supervision and plenty of opportunities for informal support with both your team, peers and line managers. We promote an environment that encourages reflection, individual and organisational learning, where we value sharing knowledge and helping each other thrive in our everyday practice.
Due to the nature of the role, please read the comprehensive job description attached to this advertisement, and if you have any questions prior to applying, please do not hesitate to get in touch for an informal chat.
Benefits of working for Derbyshire County Council
- 25 - 27 days of annual leave (plus another 5 with 5 years of continuous service)
- Flexi time, allowing up to an additional 2 days of leave per month (for certain roles)
- A friendly and supportive working environment
- Derbyshire based work locations
- The opportunity to develop yourself and your career with ongoing training opportunities
- Defined Benefit Local Government Pension Scheme
- A comprehensive wellbeing package including physio, counselling & occupational health
- Discount on leisure centre memberships
- Reduced bus/train fares
- Mobile phone contract discount (restrictions apply)
- And much more.
We offer hybrid working, but there is an expectation that you would be expected to go into the office at least once or twice a week.
We look forward to receiving your application!
Provisional Interview Dates: 07, 08 March 2024.
Due to this post having access to children and/or vulnerable adults, the successful candidate will be required to undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service check. The possession of a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an applicant from obtaining this post, as all cases are judged individually according to the nature of the role and information provided. Click here to see our policy on criminal background checks.
SW Grade 9-11 - An initial one off lump sum ‘Welcome payment’ of £1500 (pro-rata) is attached to this post, payable in your first salary. If you are a qualified AMHP and practice as an AMHP in your post, you will instead receive a ‘Welcome payment’ of £2500 (pro-rata), payable in your first salary. If you voluntarily leave your employment with Derbyshire County Council within 12 months, you are required to repay some or all of the payment (Terms and conditions apply). Further information on employee retention payments is available on our website at Salary scales - Our Derbyshire.