- The Leys Resource Centre, Old Derby Road, Ashbourne
- Salary details
- Grade 9 -11 £30,054 - £40,638 per annum This role is eligible for a one-off Welcome Payment if starting 1st Jan to 31st Dec 2024. Adult SW will receive £1500 pro rata, and AMHP SW will receive £2500 pro rata in their first salary payment.
- Job term
- Full Time
- Appointment type
- 37 hours per week
- Closing Date
An exciting opportunity has arisen within the Adult Social Care Prevention and Personalisation team, in the Derbyshire Dales South Team based at The Leys in Ashbourne’. We offer hybrid working, but there is an expectation that you would be expected to go into the office at least once or twice a week.
We are seeking a skilled and motivated grade 9/11 Social Worker to strengthen our team. The team is based in the community consisting of a mix of Social Workers and Social Care Practitioners who work closely with reablement care staff, Occupational Therapy staff and other health colleagues in a multi-disciplinary model.
Your task will be to undertake Care Act assessments, support planning, reviews, to ensure that the support arrangements match a persons identified outcomes using strength-based approaches. You will also be responsible for undertaking safeguarding enquiries and completing both mental capacity and best interest assessments.
Derbyshire County Council is a fantastic place to work, with friendly, supportive, teams, access to training and a wealth of other benefits such as our flexi working scheme which allows people to work extra hours when they want. You will have monthly supervision and plenty of opportunities for informal support with both your team colleagues and those working in other teams. We promote an environment that encourages individual and organisational learning where we value sharing knowledge and helping each other thrive in our every day practice.
Due to the nature of the role, please read the comprehensive job description attached to this advertisement, and if you have any questions prior to applying, please do not hesitate to get in touch for an informal chat.
Benefits of working for Derbyshire County Council
- 25 - 27 days of annual leave (plus another 5 with 5 years of continuous service)
- Flexi time, allowing up to an additional 2 days of leave per month (for certain roles)
- A friendly and supportive working environment
- Derbyshire based work locations
- The opportunity to develop yourself and your career with ongoing training opportunities
- Defined Benefit Local Government Pension Scheme
- A comprehensive wellbeing package including physio, counselling & occupational health
- Discount on leisure centre memberships
- Reduced bus/train fares
- Mobile phone contract discount (restrictions apply)
- And much more.
We look forward to receiving your application!
Due to this post having access to children and/or vulnerable adults, the successful candidate will be required to undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service check. The possession of a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an applicant from obtaining this post, as all cases are judged individually according to the nature of the role and information provided. Click here to see our policy on criminal background checks.
Apply now and take the first step towards a fulfilling career with us! By joining Derbyshire County Council you will have access to a range of amazing rewards and employee benefits, including our generous annual leave scheme, excellent local government pension and fantastic employee discounts. To discover more detail about the rewards and benefits available to you, click here
SW Grade 9-11 - An initial one off lump sum ‘Welcome payment’ of £1500 (pro-rata) is attached to this post, payable in your first salary. If you are a qualified AMHP and practice as an AMHP in your post, you will instead receive a ‘Welcome payment’ of £2500 (pro-rata), payable in your first salary. If you voluntarily leave your employment with Derbyshire County Council within 12 months, you are required to repay some or all of the payment (Terms and conditions apply). Further information on employee retention payments is available on our website at Salary scales - Our Derbyshire.