- New Mills Adult Centre, Springbank, New Mills, High Peak
- Salary details
- Grade 9-11 £19,493.04 - £26,357.76 per annum
- Job term
- Part Time
- Appointment type
- 24 Hours per week
- Closing Date
- 10 December 2023
** Derbyshire County Council Adult Care are hiring**
The High Peak Short term service have a 24 hour per week registered social work post working across the whole of the high Peak. This post will ordinarily cover the towns of Glossop, Hayfield and New Mills.
This post is involved in undertaking all the new assessments accessing adult care.
The contract is to work any 5 days in 7 albeit initially it will involve working Monday - Friday.
There will be duty responsibilities and we enjoy the flexibility of working from home and within an office base.
The role involves responding to general generic adult care concerns and sourcing home care, residential care, nursing care and general professional social work support.
Our social work assessment teams are based in the community and are responsible for assessing the needs of a wide range of people and working with them using a strengths-based approach to devise person centre support plans.
Benefits of working for Derbyshire County Council
- 25 - 27 days of annual leave (plus another 5 with 5 years of continuous service) grade dependant, based on 37 hours per week.
- Flexi time, allowing up to an additional 2 days of leave per month (for certain roles)
- A friendly and supportive working environment
- Derbyshire based work locations
- The opportunity to develop yourself and your career with ongoing training opportunities
- Defined Benefit Local Government Pension Scheme
- A comprehensive wellbeing package including physio, counselling & occupational health
- Discount on leisure centre memberships
- Reduced bus/train fares
- Mobile phone contract discount (restrictions apply)
- And much more.
We look forward to receiving your application!
Due to this post having access to children and/or vulnerable adults, the successful candidate will be required to undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service check. The possession of a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an applicant from obtaining this post, as all cases are judged individually according to the nature of the role and information provided. Click here to see our policy on criminal background checks.
The job may require unsocial hours working including weekends and Bank Holidays. Payment arrangements will be detailed in any contract offer made.
Saturday and Sunday hours will be paid at plain time where it is part of your normal working pattern unless it is between 7pm and 7am, where enhanced rates of pay apply. Enhanced pay rates are paid for Bank Holiday working.
Apply now and take the first step towards a fulfilling career with us! By joining Derbyshire County Council you will have access to a range of amazing rewards and employee benefits, including our generous annual leave scheme, excellent local government pension and fantastic employee discounts. To discover more detail about the rewards and benefits available to you, click here