- The Leys Resource Centre, Old Derby Road, Ashbourne
- Salary details
- Grade 9 - 11 £30,054 - £40,638 per annum
- Job term
- Full Time
- Appointment type
- 37 hours per week
- Closing Date
- 17 December 2023
We are looking to recruit two qualified Social Workers to join our Personalisation and Prevention generic adult care team, to work across the Derbyshire Dales South. This role offers hybrid working, although there is an expectation that you would attend the office minimum twice a week.
We are looking for a qualified Social Worker with significant experience of working in an Adult Social Work team setting, to provide assessments under the Care Act (2014) with people with a variety of care and support needs in various settings. To be able to demonstrate an ability to work in a person centred and strengths -based approach to achieve the ideal outcomes with people will be an asset. The candidate will need to have a knowledge of the current legislation, policy and procedures that underpin good practice, and an understanding and experience of Safeguarding principles and practice will be essential.
The successful candidate will contribute to the team’s responsibility to ensuring close working with partners in statutory and voluntary organisations to plan safe and timely discharges from acute and community hospitals and to ensure people are kept safe in the community. The candidate will also form part of a Team DUTY function, mainly triaging new referrals and Safeguarding’s.
Employees have access to a range of benefits and discounts including:
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme
- 25 days annual leave per year (rising to 30 days after 5 years continuous service) plus 8 bank holidays (pro rata).
- Training and development opportunities
- Paid travel expenses if required to travel to other sites
- Smarter travel scheme including access to the cycle to work scheme
- Supportive management and team
- Access to our in-house occupational services which also includes free eye tests, physiotherapy and counselling
- Derbyshire rewards – offering hundreds of discounts and cashback
More details on the benefits of working for the council can be found on our reward and recognition page here
Provisional Interview Date To be confirmed
Due to this post having access to children and/or vulnerable adults, the successful candidate will be required to undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service check. The possession of a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an applicant from obtaining this post, as all cases are judged individually according to the nature of the role and information provided. Click here to see our policy on criminal background checks.
Apply now and take the first step towards a fulfilling career with us! By joining Derbyshire County Council you will have access to a range of amazing rewards and employee benefits, including our generous annual leave scheme, excellent local government pension and fantastic employee discounts. To discover more detail about the rewards and benefits available to you, click here