- Sth Derbys Dist Council (DCC), Civic Way, Swadlincote
- Salary details
- Grade 9 - 11 £28,129 - £38,713 per annum
- Job term
- Full Time
- Appointment type
- 37 hours per week
- Closing Date
- 08 October 2023
We are looking to recruit a qualified Social Worker to join our Personalisation and Prevention generic adult care team, to work across the South of South Derbyshire.
We are looking for a qualified Social Worker with experience of working in an Adult Social Work team setting, to provide assessments under the Care Act (2014) with people with a variety of care and support needs in various settings. To be able to demonstrate an ability to work in a person centred and strengths based approach to achieve the ideal outcomes with people will be an asset. The candidate will need to have a knowledge of the current legislation, policy and procedures that underpin good practice and an understanding and experience of Safeguarding principles and practice will be essential.
The successful candidate will contribute to the team’s responsibility to ensuring close working with partners in statutory and voluntary organisations to plan safe and timely discharges from acute and community hospitals and to ensure people are kept safe in the community.
Employees have access to a range of benefits and discounts including:
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme
- 25 days annual leave per year (rising to 30 days after 5 years continuous service) plus 8 bank holidays (pro rata).
- Training and development opportunities
- Paid travel expenses if required to travel to other sites
- Smarter travel scheme including access to the cycle to work scheme
- Supportive management and team
- Access to our in-house occupational services which also includes free eye tests, physiotherapy and counselling
- Derbyshire rewards – offering hundreds of discounts and cashback
More details on the benefits of working for the council can be found on our reward and recognition page here
Provisional Interview Date: TBC
Due to this post having access to children and/or vulnerable adults, the successful candidate will be required to undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service check. The possession of a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an applicant from obtaining this post, as all cases are judged individually according to the nature of the role and information provided. Click here to see our policy on criminal background checks.