- County Hall, Matlock
- Salary details
- Grade 9 - 11 £28,129 - £38,713 per annum
- Job term
- Full Time
- Appointment type
- Fixed Term - Due to finite project up to 3 years
- 37 hours per week
- Closing Date
- 04 June 2023
I would like to make you aware of an exciting opportunity that has arisen within the Adult Social Care Transformation team. We are seeking 2 skilled and motivated Social Workers to be seconded for a period of 3 years into a small, newly to be formed High-Cost Placement Review team.
The project will be focussing on reviewing Derbyshire people with a learning disability and or who are autistic (LDASD) of working age in high-cost residential or Supported living placements to ensure they are receiving the best possible support, have a strength based, outcome focussed support plan and receive a value for money service. Your task will be to undertake Care Act assessments, reviewing the need for one-to-one or two-to-one support, whilst engaging with support staff, colleagues within the NHS, family members and providers to ensure that the support arrangements match person’s identified outcomes using strength-based approaches.
Some of your main tasks will be
- Reviewing/reassessing people’s care packages who are living in Specialist Residential/Nursing Placements both in and outside of the county, to ensure that levels of support are appropriate and least restrictive.
- To be involved in the reviewing/reassessing the packages of care of people with LDASD who are living in High Cost Supported Living/Extra Care Schemes throughout the county to ensure that levels of support are appropriate and promote progression and development.
- Where appropriate, reducing the level of support commissioned in Specialist Residential/Nursing Placements as a result of the reassessment of eligible needs as identified in the Care Act 2014 to reduce over reliance on formal support.
- Ensure timely applications for Continuing Health Care and provide support around DST reviews.
The team will be further made up of a project manager and contract manager, who will be responsible for program oversight and management, provider relationship and market shaping sustainability.
In this role you sit under and line-managed by the Adult Social Care Transformation team. You will receive peer support from the wider transformation Best Lives Derbyshire team.
As the work would include reviewing out of county placements the successful candidates will need to be willing and able to travel when required
If you wish to discuss this opportunity further, please do not hesitate to contact Marcel van der Venne through email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Provisional Interview Date: 12 June 2023
Due to this post having access to children and/or vulnerable adults, the successful candidate will be required to undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service check. The possession of a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an applicant from obtaining this post, as all cases are judged individually according to the nature of the role and information provided. Click here to see our policy on criminal background checks.