- Salary details
- Grade 9 - 11 £28,129 - £38,713 per annum, pro rata
- Job term
- Various hours available
- Appointment type
- Various hours available
- Closing Date
- 18 December 2022
** Derbyshire County Council are hiring**
Derbyshire County Council is a fantastic place to work, with friendly, supportive, teams, access to training and a wealth of other benefits such as our flexi working scheme which allows people to work extra hours when they want, and then take them back as leave throughout the year, meaning it is possible to take up to an additional 24 days of additional leave!
- Derbyshire Adult Care Prevention and Personalisation teams are looking to recruit qualified Social Workers based in various locations in Derbyshire, including Derbyshire Dales, Chesterfield, and Bolsover, to work within both short-term and long term assessment teams
- Our social work assessment teams are based in the community and are responsible for assessing the needs of a wide range of people and working with them using a strengths based approach to devise person centre support plans.
- Due to the nature of the role, please read the comprehensive job description attached to this advertisement, and if you have any questions prior to applying, please do not hesitate to get in touch for an informal chat 😊
Benefits of working for Derbyshire County Council
- 25 - 27 days of annual leave (plus another 5 with 5 years of continuous service)
- Flexi time, allowing up to an additional 2 days of leave per month (for certain roles)
- A friendly and supportive working environment
- Derbyshire based work locations
- The opportunity to develop yourself and your career with ongoing training opportunities
- Defined Benefit Local Government Pension Scheme
- A comprehensive wellbeing package including physio, counselling & occupational health
- Discount on leisure centre memberships
- Reduced bus/train fares
- Mobile phone contract discount (restrictions apply)
- And much more.
We look forward to receiving your application!
**Please note: We are happy to accept applications from newly qualified social workers and can support them to complete their ASYE. We also welcome applicants who are thinking about returning to practice**
Due to this post having access to children and/or vulnerable adults, the successful candidate will be required to undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service check. The possession of a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an applicant from obtaining this post, as all cases are judged individually according to the nature of the role and information provided. Click here to see our policy on criminal background checks.