- Staveley Social Services Sub Office
- Salary details
- Grade 9 - 11 £26,204 - £36,788 per annum, pro rata
- Job term
- Part Time and Full Time hours available
- Appointment type
- Various hours are available
- Closing Date
- 14 August 2022
Derbyshire Adult Care Prevention and Personalisation teams are looking to recruit a qualified Social Worker based in Chesterfield.
Applicants will need to demonstrate their ability to contribute to social care assessments in line with the Care Act, provide person centred support planning for eligible needs including both formal and informal services and networks. The teams provide a generic service to people aged over 18 who may have a range of disabilities. The service covers people who live in the community, residential and nursing establishments and will also include facilitating safe and timely discharges from hospital settings.
The successful applicants will need to work in a team setting, cover part of a duty rota system and be expected to manage a busy and sometimes complex caseload. They will also be expected to contribute to safeguarding investigations as appropriate. Good communication with other agencies including health colleagues is essential given the current health and social care agenda.
Successful applicants will be supported by an experienced management team who are committed to good support, advice, supervision and a nurturing team ethos. There are opportunities for career progression within the teams, with a strong commitment to training and professional development.
As an employee of Derbyshire County Council you will be:
- Eligible to join the Local Government Pension Scheme where you pay your contributions and we pay too. It's a flexible scheme and an important part of your employment package providing an excellent range of benefits
- Part of a generous annual leave and flexi-time scheme
- Supported with flexible working and leave arrangements
- Enjoy benefits including our occupational health, physiotherapy and counselling services
Derbyshire is a great place to live and work. It's only a short drive to Manchester, Nottingham, Sheffield and Derby but is also home to miles of beautiful countryside and has the Peak District National Park on its doorstep. The county enjoys house prices below the UK average and has great road and rail links.
Due to this post having access to children and/or vulnerable adults, the successful candidate will be required to undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service check. The possession of a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an applicant from obtaining this post, as all cases are judged individually according to the nature of the role and information provided. Click here to see our policy on criminal background checks.