- Staveley Social Services Sub Office
- Salary details
- Grade 9 - 11 £28,129 - £38,713 per annum, pro rata
- Job term
- Part Time and Full Time hours available
- Appointment type
- Various hours available
- Closing Date
- 24 September 2023
**Derbyshire County Council are hiring!**
Derbyshire County Council are looking for a number of Social Workers to work in a very niche and varied environment that is both challenging yet rewarding.
The Enhanced Support Team (EST) came to fruition following the systemic failures at Winterbourne View, a private hospital for people with learning disabilities, complex needs, and challenging behaviour in Gloucestershire. The Government responded with the Transforming Care agenda, a plan to improve health and care services so that more people with learning disabilities, autism or both can live in the community with the right support – moving away from long term, and often inappropriate, hospital stays. The ‘Building The Right Support’ agenda further emphasised the rights of individuals complex needs, EST continue to work to deliver on this pathway.
Working in partnership with Health and other agencies across Derbyshire our team works with adults with learning disabilities and/or autism who, because of their complex presentation, which may include behaviour that challenges and / or self-injurious or aggressive behaviour, require highly specialist assessment and care planning skills. We work collaboratively to develop bespoke packages of support and the team have recently been awarded silver at the Social Worker of The Year Awards 2022 in the category of ‘Team of the Year, Adult Services 2022 (including MDTs).
We’re a cohesive and nurturing team, supporting each other to develop our skills through peer support and CPD. So, if you are looking for a role where you can really make a difference, and enjoy a challenge, apply now and we will look forward to receiving your application!
Benefits of working for Derbyshire County Council
- 25 - 27 days of annual leave (plus another 5 with 5 years of continuous service)
- Flexi time, allowing up to an additional 2 days of leave per month (for certain roles)
- A friendly and supportive working environment
- Derbyshire based work locations
- The opportunity to develop yourself and your career with ongoing training opportunities
- Defined Benefit Local Government Pension Scheme
- A comprehensive wellbeing package including physio, counselling & occupational health
- Discount on leisure centre memberships
- Reduced bus/train fares
- Mobile phone contract discount (restrictions apply)
- And much more.
**Please note: We are happy to accept applications from newly qualified social workers and can support them to complete their ASYE. We also welcome applicants who are thinking about returning to practice**
For more information, or for an informal chat, please call 01629 537439, or alternatively email either Caroline Croll firstname.lastname@example.org or Jessica Sims email@example.com and we will get back to you
Due to this post having access to children and/or vulnerable adults, the successful candidate will be required to undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service check. The possession of a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an applicant from obtaining this post, as all cases are judged individually according to the nature of the role and information provided. Click here to see our policy on criminal background checks.