- The Quad, Dock Walk, Chesterfield
- Salary details
- Grade 8 £27,507 - £29,418 per annum
- Job term
- Full Time
- Appointment type
- 37 hours per week
- Closing Date
- 10 March 2024
**Derbyshire County Council are hiring**
An opportunity has arisen within the Short-Term Service team for a Social Care Practitioner to support Adult Social Care in Chesterfield.
We are looking to recruit a Social Care Practitioner to join our established team. In this role you will be providing professional triage and assessment of Adult Social Care needs within Chesterfield. This team undertakes assessment of cases in short timescales and so may be of interest to applicants who enjoy extensive variety and the satisfaction of quick outcomes.
The work is ordinarily office-based, but we are continuing to offer a hybrid approach to working, so you will be able to work both in the office and at home as suits your needs and the needs of the service.
What we expect from our applicants:
- Someone who can provide a timely response to adult’s presenting with a wide variety of needs, disabilities, and circumstances
- Be able to provide person centred and strength-based assessments.
- Someone who is a team player who is able to work closely with other disciplines and teams.
- Comfortable with managing their own workload with a positive and can-do attitude
What you can expect from the role with Derbyshire County Council:
- Working for Derbyshire County Council really puts you at the heart of local communities, and provides great satisfaction being able to help local people.
- A welcoming and accepting team who provide regular peer support, as well as receiving professional and line management supervision.
- Rewarding work with a real variety of cases, leading to quick outcomes that make a difference to people and their lives
- Great learning and development opportunities – Derbyshire County Council want you to succeed and will provide thorough support to ensure you can achieve your goals.
- Great benefits including:
- 25-27 days of annual leave (depending on grade) plus another 5 once you reach 5 years of continuous service
- Flexi time, allowing up to an additional 2 days of leave per month
- Generous local government pension scheme
- Guaranteed incremental annual pay increases
- Cycle to work scheme
- Discounts at selected county leisure centres
- and much more……
**Please read the additional information attachments which will highlight in detail the essential/desirable attributes needed to apply for this role. Applicants will need to link their experience to the criteria stated in the attachment/s in order for the management team to choose the most suitable candidates for shortlisting**
Due to this post having access to children and/or vulnerable adults, the successful candidate will be required to undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service check. The possession of a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an applicant from obtaining this post, as all cases are judged individually according to the nature of the role and information provided. Click here to see our policy on criminal background checks.
The job may require unsocial hours working including weekends and Bank Holidays. Payment arrangements will be detailed in any contract offer made.
Saturday and Sunday hours will be paid at plain time where it is part of your normal working pattern unless it is between 7pm and 7am, where enhanced rates of pay apply. Enhanced pay rates are paid for Bank Holiday working.