- Castle Court, Linton Road, Castle Gresley, Swadlincote
- Salary details
- Grade 7 Hourly rate - £11.94 - £12.93 Enhanced hourly rate for working between 7.00pm and 7.00am: £15.92 - £17.24 Salary for 37 hours or pro rata pay for hours of the post. £23,033 - £24,946
- Job term
- Part Time
- Appointment type
- 30 hours per week
- Closing Date
- 01 October 2023
The successful candidate will work alongside care staff and provide leadership and mentoring support to them whilst delivering all aspects of personal care. You will be responsible for allocating tasks within the care team, administering medication and personal service planning with an emphasis on person centred care, under the direction of the Unit and Deputy Managers. You will be required to promote good practice and deliver high quality care and support to residents with a range of care support needs.
Excellent communication skills both written and oral required to promote teamwork and deliver quality handovers for each shift. You will be the senior person on duty for intervals during the working day and throughout the night and will be required to offer support to residents with a range of care and support needs.
Full training provided appropriate to the level of the post.
Employees have access to a range of benefits and discounts including:
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme
- 25 days annual leave per year (rising to 30 days after 5 years continuous service) plus 8 bank holidays (pro rata).
- Training and development opportunities
- Paid travel expenses if required to travel to other sites
- Smarter travel scheme including access to the cycle to work scheme
- Supportive management and team
- Access to our in-house occupational services which also includes free eye tests, physiotherapy, and counselling
- Derbyshire rewards – offering hundreds of discounts and cashback
Provisional Interview Date: 9 October 2023
Due to this post having access to children and/or vulnerable adults, the successful candidate will be required to undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service check. The possession of a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an applicant from obtaining this post, as all cases are judged individually according to the nature of the role and information provided. Click here to see our policy on criminal background checks.
The job may require unsocial hours working including weekends and Bank Holidays. Payment arrangements will be detailed in any contract offer made.
Saturday and Sunday hours will be paid at plain time where it is part of your normal working pattern unless it is between 7pm and 7am, where enhanced rates of pay apply. Enhanced pay rates are paid for Bank Holiday working.
This position is included in the Council’s £100 ‘Recommend a Friend’ scheme, let us know your recommendation by asking the applicant to say that you recommended this job to them on the personal details section of their application form (Terms and conditions apply)