- Whitestones, Home for Older People, Chapel-en-le-Frith
- Salary details
- Hourly rate - £11.94 - £12.93 Enhanced hourly rate for working between 7.00pm and 7.00am: £15.92 - £17.24 Salary for 37 hours or pro rata pay for hours of the post. £23,033 - £24,946
- Job term
- No Guaranteed Hours
- Appointment type
- As and when required
- Closing Date
☀Join Our Team as a Relief Senior Care Worker at Derbyshire County Council☀
Are you passionate about making a positive impact on the lives of older and disabled individuals? Do you have a compassionate nature and a desire to help those in need? If so, we want to hear from you!
At Derbyshire County Council, we are on a mission to ensure our residents lead dignified lives. We are currently seeking dedicated Senior Care Workers to become a vital part of our esteemed care team. In this role, you will play a crucial role in ensuring our residents stay happy, healthy, and well by assisting them with daily tasks such as bathing, dressing, meal preparation, medication administration, and social engagement.
Understanding the unique needs of older individuals, including those with dementia, is a significant aspect of the work we do.
What we offer
- Comprehensive Training - Some prior experience is necessary. We will provide you with all the training and support needed to excel in this role.
- Ongoing Support - You will receive continuous guidance and mentoring from experienced staff members.
- Various Available Shifts - Our working hours are based on a three-shift pattern, offering flexibility to accommodate various schedules.
- Competitive Compensation - We provide competitive pay rates and offer a great pension scheme.
- Additional Benefits - Enjoy perks like a free uniform, high-quality training, and a minimum of five weeks of annual leave, plus eight Bank Holidays a year (pro-rata).
- Unsocial Hours Pay - Receive extra compensation for working during unsocial hours.
Employee Benefits - As part of our team, you'll gain access to a range of benefits and discounts, including:
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- 25 days of annual leave per year (increasing to 30 after 5 years) plus 8 bank holidays (pro rata)
- Training and Development Opportunities
- Smarter Travel Scheme, including access to the cycle-to-work program
- Supportive Management and Team Access to In-House Occupational Services, including free eye tests, physiotherapy, and counselling
- Derbyshire Rewards Program: Offering hundreds of discounts and cashback opportunities.
- And much more...
By joining our team, you'll have the chance to make a meaningful difference in the lives of those who need it most. You will provide essential care and support to older and disabled individuals, enriching their lives and promoting their well-being.
If you are ready to embark on a rewarding journey, contribute to your community, and grow both personally and professionally, we invite you to apply for the Relief Senior Care Worker role at Derbyshire County Council.
How to Apply
If you are dedicated, compassionate, and ready to make a difference, we encourage you to apply today. Join our team and become an integral part of our mission to provide dignified care to our residents.
⭐Derbyshire County Council is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from candidates of all backgrounds and experiences ⭐
Due to this post having access to children and/or vulnerable adults, the successful candidate will be required to undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service check. The possession of a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an applicant from obtaining this post, as all cases are judged individually according to the nature of the role and information provided. Click here to see our policy on criminal background checks.
The job may require unsocial hours working including weekends and Bank Holidays. Payment arrangements will be detailed in any contract offer made.
Saturday and Sunday hours will be paid at plain time where it is part of your normal working pattern unless it is between 7pm and 7am, where enhanced rates of pay apply. Enhanced pay rates are paid for Bank Holiday working.