- County Hall, Matlock
- Salary details
- Grade 9 £26,204 - £28,113 per annum, Grade 11 £33,489 - £36,788 per annum
- Job term
- Full Time
- Appointment type
- Fixed Term - Due to funding 12 months from start of contract
- 37 Hours per week
- Closing Date
- 21 August 2022
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a qualified Occupational Therapist to join the Adult Social Care Transformation and Partnerships Team on a full-time, fixed term contract (12 months).
As a qualified Occupational Therapist you will hopefully have experience of working with people living with neurodiversity as you will play an important role in supporting progress towards key objectives within the Joined Up Care Derbyshire (JUCD) Learning Disability and Autism Roadmap which seeks to reconfigure how support is delivered for people with Learning Disabilities and /or Autism and their support networks.
This post offers a real opportunity for the successful candidate to develop knowledge and skills in the identification of solutions that reduce a person’s reliance on paid support, and which enable them to live their best life.
Utilising your previous experience you will work alongside people using our services, operational colleagues and partner agencies to undertake research from which you will make recommendations relating to future developments and opportunities, for example:
- An understanding of enabling environments
- Opportunities (current and in development) for technical aids within the home and workplace
- Developments within digital and assistive technology (with particular emphasis to the needs of young adults)
- Involving people with lived experience contribute to the development of our practice and the guidance we give
- Make recommendations for future learning and development of our workforce
- Promote the development of professional networks through which to share examples of good practice and innovation across the Council and partner agencies
Reporting to a Service Manager within the Transformation and Partnerships Team, you will also have regular contact with other Occupational Therapists internal and external to our department.
If you would like more information about the post please contact Chris Smyth, Practice Lead via firstname.lastname@example.org
Provisional Interview Date: 29 August 2022.
Due to this post having access to children and/or vulnerable adults, the successful candidate will be required to undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service check. The possession of a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an applicant from obtaining this post, as all cases are judged individually according to the nature of the role and information provided. Click here to see our policy on criminal background checks.