- Staveley Residential and Comm Care Centre, Calver Crescent, Staveley, Chesterfield
- Salary details
- Grade 5 - Hourly rate - £10.98 - £11.18 Enhanced hourly rate for working between 7.00pm and 7.00am: £14.64 - £14.90 Salary for 37 hours or pro rata pay for hours of the post. £21,189 - £21,575
- Job term
- Part Time
- Appointment type
- 14 hours and 45 minutes per week
- Closing Date
- 01 October 2023
Derbyshire County Council services reach everyone who lives in or visits Derbyshire, which is why we believe in working in partnership with our communities to ensure we meet their needs and expectations.
Our Care Workers are part of our well established and committed teams, and we are looking to add more dedicated people to come and join us at The Staveley Centre.
Our residents will need you to:
- Wear a warm smile, every day and even on the difficult days
- Listen, learn, remember, reminisce, repeat.
- Be kind, patient and understanding….always.
- Sing and dance (badly or brilliantly), laugh, even at bad jokes and make them laugh along with you
- Try to make everything OK, even when you are not sure what is wrong
- Be a world class hand holder.
- Get to know them so well that you know what they need, even when they can’t tell you themselves
- Care for them with dedication, patience and kindness
- Know that you can make a difference and that you can make someone feel safe, loved and happy
Here at The Staveley Community Care Centre ……
Our dedicated and passionate team provide both a home for adults with a diagnosis of Dementia, who require long term residential care, and a rehabilitation unit, where the focus is to rehabilitate individuals following an illness or injury. We work closely with health professionals who provide therapy treatment to help regain skills and to achieve maximum levels of independence. We are committed to enable people to live their lives in the most fulfilling way.
The Staveley Residential and Community Care Centre is a purpose-built building, set near the Trans Pennine Trail in the Staveley area, providing an idyllic environment, with beautiful gardens for residents to enjoy. We have a hairdressing salon, a café and there is space for entertainment and activities. We are in easy reach, with a local bus route.
At the Staveley Centre our staff are hardworking, caring and approachable. Staff are supported by the management team, who are very conscientious, and the wellbeing of staff is important. The job comes with its challenges at times, but with the support from colleagues and working together it also brings fun and happiness to the day-to-day routines.
What will I be doing:
- Ability to work flexibly over a regular shift pattern to include days, nights, weekends, and bank holidays
- Supporting people with personal care, nutrition and hydration, medication and health related activities in line with agreed personal service plans.
- Completing light domestic tasks
- Providing support which helps to meet social and emotional needs.
- Assisting in tasks which support individuals to maintain their independence.
- Completing daily records in respect of; the resident’s day to day activities.
- Ensuring the safety of vulnerable adults.
- Maintaining confidentiality in line with Data Protection
- Other ad-hoc activities
What skills and experience do you need to have:
- Experience of caring for other people (work based, voluntary or personal).
- Understanding of and have empathy with the needs of vulnerable people
- Work with a range of people and have the ability to communicate effectively.
- Understanding of the principles of treating others with dignity and respect
- Ability to follow routines, care plans and record and monitor changes in individual condition
- Ability to work on your own initiative and part of a team
What we offer you:
- 25 days of annual leave plus another 5 days once you reach 5 years of continuous service
- Generous local government pension scheme
- Guaranteed incremental annual pay increases
- Cycle to work scheme
- Discounts at selected county leisure centres
- Developmental support for your career
- and much more!
For more information on the role, please read the full Job and Person profile attached to this vacancy. For any specific questions, or if you require help with the application, please get in touch by emailing email@example.com or alternatively please contact the Louise Woodward Unit Manager at Louise.firstname.lastname@example.org or call in and meet the team.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Provisional Interview Date: Week commencing 9th October 2023
Due to this post having access to children and/or vulnerable adults, the successful candidate will be required to undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service check. The possession of a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an applicant from obtaining this post, as all cases are judged individually according to the nature of the role and information provided. Click here to see our policy on criminal background checks.
The job may require unsocial hours working including weekends and Bank Holidays. Payment arrangements will be detailed in any contract offer made.
Saturday and Sunday hours will be paid at plain time where it is part of your normal working pattern unless it is between 7pm and 7am, where enhanced rates of pay apply. Enhanced pay rates are paid for Bank Holiday working.
This position is included in the Council’s £100 ‘Recommend a Friend’ scheme, let us know your recommendation by asking the applicant to say that you recommended this job to them on the personal details section of their application form (Terms and conditions apply)