- Thomas College House, Oxcroft Lane, Bolsover, Chesterfield
- Salary details
- Grade 5 - Hourly rate - £10.98 - £11.18 Enhanced hourly rate for working between 7.00pm and 7.00am: £14.64 - £14.90 Salary for 37 hours or pro rata pay for hours of the post. £21,189 - £21,575
- Job term
- Part Time
- Appointment type
- Fixed Term - Covering for maternity leave until May 2024
- 20 hours and 2 minutes per week
- Closing Date
- 08 October 2023
Derbyshire County Council services reach everyone who lives in or visits Derbyshire, which is why we believe in working in partnership with our communities to ensure we meet their needs and expectations.
Our Care Workers are part of our well established and committed teams, and we are looking to add more dedicated people to come and join us at Thomas Colledge.
Our residents will need you to:
- Wear a warm smile, every day and even on the difficult days
- Listen, learn, remember, reminisce, repeat.
- Be kind, patient and understanding….always.
- Sing and dance (badly or brilliantly), laugh, even at bad jokes and make them laugh along with you
- Try to make everything OK, even when you are not sure what is wrong
- Be a world class hand holder.
- Get to know them so well that you know what they need, even when they can’t tell you themselves
- Care for them with dedication, patience and kindness
- Know that you can make a difference and that you can make someone feel safe, loved and happy
Here at Thomas Colledge House ……
- We are proud to offer people a lovely environment to live and stay in.
- We are a lovely team of staff, and you will be assured of a warm welcome and support whilst you settle in with us.
- We have a hairdresser that visits weekly, a chiropodist every 6-8 weeks. If client wishes to read magazines or newspapers with can arrange this with our local shop. We have access to a library service who can provide a range of reading and audio books.
What will I be doing:
- Supporting people with personal care, domestic tasks, medication and health related activities in line with agreed personal care plans.
- Providing support which helps to meet social and emotional needs.
- Assisting in tasks which support individuals to maintain their independence.
- Completing records in respect of; Personal Service Plans, logs, reviews and admissions.
- Liaising with colleagues, other agencies, people with a range of complex needs and their families/carers.
- Ensuring the safeguarding of vulnerable adults.
- Maintaining the confidentiality of the individual and adhering to the departments’ recording systems.
- Other ad-hoc activities
What skills and experience do you need to have:
- Experience of caring for other people (work based, voluntary or personal).
- Understanding of and empathy with the needs of vulnerable people
- Ability to communicate with and relate to a wide range of clients
- Understanding of the principles of treating others with dignity and respect
- Ability to follow routines, carry out set care plans, record and monitor changes in individual condition
- Ability to work with a range of service users as part of a team and alone
- Ability to work flexibly over a regular shift pattern to include days, nights, weekends, and bank holidays
What we offer you:
- 25 days of annual leave plus another 5 once you reach 5 years of continuous service
- Generous local government pension scheme
- Guaranteed incremental annual pay increases
- Cycle to work scheme
- Discounts at selected county leisure centres
- Developmental support for your career
- and much
For more information on the role, please read the full Job and Person profile attached to this vacancy. For any specific questions, or if you require help with the application, please get in touch by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to hearing from you!
Provisional Interview Date: Week Commencing 16th October 2023
Due to this post having access to children and/or vulnerable adults, the successful candidate will be required to undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service check. The possession of a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an applicant from obtaining this post, as all cases are judged individually according to the nature of the role and information provided. Click here to see our policy on criminal background checks.
The job may require unsocial hours working including weekends and Bank Holidays. Payment arrangements will be detailed in any contract offer made.
Saturday and Sunday hours will be paid at plain time where it is part of your normal working pattern unless it is between 7pm and 7am, where enhanced rates of pay apply. Enhanced pay rates are paid for Bank Holiday working.