- Whitestones, 139 Manchester Road, Chapel, High Peak
- Salary details
- Grade 5 - Hourly rate - £10.98 - £11.18 Enhanced hourly rate for working between 7.00pm and 7.00am: £14.64 - £14.90 Salary for 37 hours or pro rata pay for hours of the post. £21,189 - £21,575
- Job term
- Part Time
- Appointment type
- 20 hours and 30 minutes per week
- Closing Date
- 08 October 2023
We are recruiting Care Workers to help our residents lead dignified lives. Working as part of a valued care team you will be ensuring our residents stay happy, healthy and well by helping them with everyday tasks such as washing and dressing, eating meals, taking medication and socialising.
Understanding the needs of older people, including those with dementia, is an important part of the work.
If you think you can make a positive difference to an older or disabled person’s life and would like a rewarding job with room for progression, we would like to hear from you.
You don’t need previous experience as we will give you all the training and support that you will need to do the job. There will also be ongoing support and mentoring from experienced staff.
Working hours are based on a three-shift pattern and we offer good rates of pay and a good pension, free uniform, high quality training and many other benefits including a minimum of five weeks holiday and eight Bank Holidays a year (pro-rata), and extra pay for unsocial hours.
This post will work early shifts late shifts and nights on a 3 week rota.
Employees have access to a range of benefits and discounts including:
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme
- 25 days annual leave per year (rising to 30 days after 5 years continuous service) plus 8 bank holidays (pro rata).
- Training and development opportunities
- Paid travel expenses if required to travel to other sites
- Smarter travel scheme including access to the cycle to work scheme
- Supportive management and team
- Access to our in-house occupational services which also includes free eye tests, physiotherapy, and counselling
- Derbyshire rewards – offering hundreds of discounts and cashback
Due to this post having access to children and/or vulnerable adults, the successful candidate will be required to undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service check. The possession of a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an applicant from obtaining this post, as all cases are judged individually according to the nature of the role and information provided. Click here to see our policy on criminal background checks.
The job may require unsocial hours working including weekends and Bank Holidays. Payment arrangements will be detailed in any contract offer made.
Saturday and Sunday hours will be paid at plain time where it is part of your normal working pattern unless it is between 7pm and 7am, where enhanced rates of pay apply. Enhanced pay rates are paid for Bank Holiday working.
This position is included in the Council’s £100 ‘Recommend a Friend’ scheme, let us know your recommendation by asking the applicant to say that you recommended this job to them on the personal details section of their application form (Terms and conditions apply)