- Riverside Depot, Doe Lea, Mansfield, Notts
- Salary details
- £25,917 to £28,206 per annum / Grade 6
- Job term
- Full Time
- Appointment type
- 37 hours per week
- Closing Date
- 07 August 2022
The above vacancies now exist within the Council’s Housing Repairs service based at its Riverside Depot, Doe Lea.
Bolsover District Council is a dynamic and ambitious organisation that takes pride in delivering excellent services to our community whilst driving economic growth and environmental sustainability for the district.
The successful applicants will work both within a multi-disciplined team and on own initiative, providing repair and maintenance to Council properties. Primarily this will include:
- A comprehensive range of bricklaying / roofing / plastering activities including basic joinery and plumbing functions.
- To work within a multi-disciplined team and be fully flexible within the organisation occasionally undertaking basic functions of other trades.
- To undertake such other duties, commensurate with this level as may be assigned from time to time.
To be successful you will need:
- City and Guilds or NVQ Level 2 in relevant trade (Bricklaying / Roofing / Plastering) or equivalent in order to provide a demonstrable working knowledge within a repairs and maintenance environment
- Basic standard of literacy and numeracy (educated to GCSE standard or equivalent) in order to complete timesheets, work tickets etc.
- An understanding of Health and Safety (Regulations and Codes of Practice for Working Environment) in order to work within a safe environment
- Ability to undertake a comprehensive range of all property maintenance inc bricklaying / roofing / plastering activities and basic joinery and plumbing functions
- Ability to work within a multi-disciplined team and be fully flexible within the organisation
It is essential to hold a current full driving licence in order to drive council vehicles to undertake daily duties.
For a full list of job details and requirements please view the Job Description and Person Specification.
Why work for us?
Bolsover District Council is a great place to work and if you join our team, you will become part of a talented and dedicated workforce. If you are keen to make a difference to people’s lives and develop your skills and experience, we would like to hear from you.
We offer a competitive salary, Local Government Pension Scheme, generous annual leave entitlement and excellent work/life balance initiatives. Learn more about the benefits of working for us at: bolsover.gov.uk
If you are interested in this post, please apply using the online application on our dedicated webpage on Derbyshire Jobs at www.jobs.derbyshire.gov.uk / derbyshire - jobs and careers by clicking ‘Apply for this job’ and creating an account. You can save your progress and exit the application at any time, coming back to it at a later stage to complete and submit your application. Applications close Midnight on Sunday 7th August 2022
Please read the Guidance Notes provided before completing any application and please note that CV’s will not be accepted.
If you do not have internet access, you can request an offline application pack by contacting Bolsover District Council Contact Centre on 01246 242424 or emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org
We welcome applications from all sections of the community.
For further information
For an informal discussion about the post, please contact Andy Clarke, Operational Repairs Manager on (01246) 593031 or email email@example.com.
If you have not received any communication within 4 weeks of the closing date, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion and we thank you for your interest in the job role.