Central Control Operator
- Bolsover District Council, Riverside Depot, Mansfield Road, Doe Lea
- Salary details
- £30,978 to £33,671 per annum, pro rata. £16.06 to £17.45 per hour.
- Job term
- Part Time
- Appointment type
- 16 per week
- Closing Date
- 23 March 2023
Bolsover District Council is a dynamic and ambitious organisation that takes pride in delivering excellent services to our community whilst driving economic growth and environmental sustainability for the district.
A 6 month temporary vacancy has now arisen within the Housing Department for a Central Control Operative.
The successful applicant will provide an efficient and caring service in respect of all users of the Council’s Central Control Service, which includes the Council’s Careline out of hours service.
To be successful you will need:
- An awareness of issues relating to working with elderly or vulnerable people
- Recent proven practical experience of working with elderly and vulnerable people
- The ability to work alone in a fast paced office environment
- The ability to work on their own initiative
- The ability to be able to prioritise workloads
- Effective communication skills in order to deal with telephone conversations with tenants and members of the public
- Good IT skills and the ability to work with multiple screens and platforms
For a full list of job details and requirements please view the Job Description and Person Specification.
Why work for us?
Bolsover District Council is a great place to work and if you join our team, you will become part of a talented and dedicated workforce. If you are keen to make a difference to people’s lives and develop your skills and experience, we would like to hear from you.
We offer a competitive salary, Local Government Pension Scheme, generous annual leave entitlement and excellent work/life balance initiatives. Learn more about the benefits of working for us at: Bolsover.gov.uk
If you are interested in this post, please apply using the online application on our dedicated webpage on Derbyshire Jobs at: Bolsover District Council Vacancies or via Derbyshire - Jobs and Careers by clicking ‘Apply for this job’ and creating an account. You can save your progress and exit the application at any time, coming back to it at a later stage to complete and submit your application. Applications close Midnight on 23 March 2023
Please read the Guidance Notes provided before completing any application and please note that CV’s will not be accepted.
If you do not have internet access, you can request an offline application pack by contacting Bolsover District Council Contact Centre on 01246 242424 or emailing: HRBDC@bolsover.gov.uk
We welcome applications from all sections of the community.
For further information
For an informal discussion about the post, please contact Amy Sigona, on 01246 242667 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have not received any communication within 4 weeks of the closing date, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion and we thank you for your interest in the job role.