- Denby Depot, Ripley
- Salary details
- Grade 10 £31,109 - £34,314 per annum
- Job term
- Full Time
- Appointment type
- 37 hours per week
- Closing Date
- 05 February 2023
Denby / Hybrid
£31,109 - £34,314 – Grade 10
Derbyshire County Council (DCC) Corporate Services & Transformation (Property) are looking to appoint a full time, suitably qualified & experience Mechanical Surveyor to work within a small team of dynamic Mechanical & Electrical Surveyors.
The role will involve visually undertaking and inputting mechanical condition survey / inspection data, organising, and directing mechanical maintenance works and administering mechanical servicing contracts, for DCCs Asset Property portfolio.
Reporting to the Senior Surveyor (Mechanical & Electrical) you will work under supervision in-line with agreed programmes of work throughout the property portfolio working in conjunction with other Surveyors.
The post holder will require good knowledge of building related mechanical / heating services along with knowledge of mechanical, heating and gas related Statutory Compliance legislation and requirements etc.
Ability to work with Microsoft Office Suite E.g., Excel, Word etc will be required to produce reports and management information as and when required by the Senior Surveyor (Mechanical & Electrical)
The post holder will deal/communicate with other DCC staff along with outside agencies and public during their duties.
As the team are based County wide periodically the Mechanical Surveyor will be required to attend meetings undertake surveys throughout Derbyshire so the post holder will require a full driving licence provision.
What skills and experience do you need to have:
- Be enthusiastic, versatile, and self-motivated with the ability to work well as part of a team
- Confidence to work under pressure and manage several tasks simultaneously.
- Educated to Level 3 or equivalent in mechanical engineering, Gas Safe regulations aware and relevant post qualification experience.
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills with attention to detail
- You will have excellent IT skills and ideally experience of CAD.
What we offer you:
- 27 days of annual leave plus another 5 once you reach 5 years of continuous service
- Flexi time, allowing up to an additional 2 days of leave per month
- Generous local government pension scheme.
- Guaranteed incremental annual pay increases.
- Cycle to work scheme
- Discounts at selected county leisure centres
- and much more!
We're always pleased to hear from talented people so if you're looking to join a dynamic team and have the skills and experience, we're looking for, then we'd like to hear from you.
If you would like to have an informal chat about this role, get in touch with Leigh Hales Senior Surveyor (Mechanical & Electrical) email@example.com