- Derbyshire Dales District Council, Matlock
- Salary details
- £5.29 per hour
- Job term
- Full Time
- Appointment type
- Fixed Term - To complete an apprenticeship for 15 months from start date
- 37 hours per week
- Closing Date
- 30 April 2023
The contractual place of work will be the Town Hall, Matlock. The post will be required to work routinely on the Hurst Farm Estate, Matlock, Northwood Depot, Darley Dale and at various sites across the Derbyshire Dales.
- The apprentice will be deployed to work in a woodland landscape which is part of the wider Hurst Farm Estate Regeneration Project. The apprentice will also be given the opportunity to work with the District Council,s wider Clean & Green Team and will work across the District as part of their development, training and supervision.
- The post holder will learn how to undertake a range of grounds maintenance duties and development work to include woodland management and will gain the skills to use relevant equipment. Examples include handsaws, pole saws, chainsaws, a range of hand held and pedestrian machinery, e.g. leaf blowers, grass cutting equipment.
- The overall aim of the Apprenticeship Programme is to enable the post holder to develop knowledge and skills through hands on experience as well as via Apprenticeship Training. Attendance at a Derbyshire based college is anticipated to be required one day a week.
- The Apprentice will work under supervision and guidance to develop skills, knowledge and experience to provide delivery of an effective and efficient service.
- At the end of the 15 month programme it is anticipated that the Apprentice will become employment ready and will be given the opportunity to apply for available permanent employment opportunities within the District Council.
- This post is part of the prestigious Hurst Farm Heritage Trail project funded by the National Lottery Heritage Fund.
If you have any questions on the role please contact Chrissie Symons,
Human Resources Officer, firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are unable to apply on line, please contact Corporate Support on 01629 761325 or email email@example.com for an application form.
Please be aware that Derbyshire County Council is placing this advert on behalf of this organisation and you should refer directly to its website for details of the terms and conditions attached to this post. Any queries regarding this advert or the recruitment process should be made directly to the organisation.