Business Services Assistant
- County Hall, Matlock
- Salary details
- Grade 5 £21,189 - £21,575 per annum
- Job term
- Part Time and Full Time hours available
- Appointment type
- 37 hours per week
- Closing Date
- 26 March 2023
Business Service Assistant
County Hall based with the expectation to travel within Derbyshire.
£21,189 - £21,575 - Plus market leading package (see below)
An exciting opportunity has arisen within the Employment and Skills Team for a dynamic individual to support the Careers Team
The role of a Business Service Assistant is to assist in the provision of a high quality and effective support service to managers and careers staff in the Employment and Skills Team on a broad range of business services activities.
A primary element of the role is working on the National Careers Service contract in which Derbyshire County Council are a subcontractor. In addition to this contract this role will also provide support to the Youth Hub (YES Derbyshire) in partnership with the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP)
What will you be doing?
- Working as part of a team you will be required to undertake a variety of general administrative tasks relating to the work of the Adult Careers Team.
- Working in a fast paced, evolving and targeted environment.
- Using bespoke IT packages for processing claims for external funding contracts, ensure quality evidence is recorded, diary management and specific tasks associated with this role.
- Applicants must have excellent note taking skills and must be competent in oral and written communication, be highly motived, well organised and be able to work, unsupervised, on their own initiative whilst observing confidentiality at all times.
- Excellent communication and time management skills, the ability to work to tight deadlines and a keen eye for detail are key in this role. Proven literacy skills are essential as is the ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- You will need to be self-motivated and willing to adopt a flexible approach to meet priorities and deadlines.
- Using your skills and expertise to ensure that all customers are given appropriate follow up support to enhance opportunities into employment and training.
Skills and Experience we are looking for:
- Excellent IT skills, which includes the use of Microsoft packages and apps.
- An ability to work as part of a team undertaking a wide range of administrative duties.
- Experience of working in a busy office environment.
- Good communication skills both written and oral.
- Good organisational
- An ability to prioritise and work to deadlines.
- An ability to interpret information and analyse data.
- An ability to work within organisational policies and procedures.
- An understanding of confidentiality, GDPR and Data Protection.
- Enthusiasm and transferable skills
- Minute/note taking experience
- Previous claim processing experience would be beneficial
- It’s essential for the candidate to have a ‘can-do’, proactive way of working.
- To be able to form sound relationships with young people and adults.
This list is not exhaustive, take a look at our comprehensive job profile for more detail.
What we offer you:
- 25 days of annual leave plus another 5 once you reach 5 years of continuous service
- Flexi time, allowing up to an additional 2 days of leave per month
- Generous local government pension scheme
- Guaranteed incremental annual pay increases
- Cycle to work scheme
- Discounts at selected county leisure centres
- and much more……
Our Careers team is contractually based in across the county and within the role there is an expectation of travel within Derbyshire. There'll be an opportunity to discuss working arrangements at interview.
We're always pleased to hear from talented people so if you're looking to join a dynamic team and have the skills and experience, we're looking for, then we'd like to hear from you.
We would consider two part time roles to make the full time hours.
If you would like a chat about this role, please contact Louise Wilson email@example.com 01629 536689
Provisional interview date Thursday 6th April via MS Teams.