Personal Assistant to Principal Officer
- Derbyshire Fire and Rescue Service, Ripley
- Salary details
- Salary Scale 6/SO1* - £27,852 – £34,723 per annum (*Progression to Scale SO1 is subject to fulfilling the PA Career Progression criteria. NB as this role is temporary unfortunately the opportunity to fulfil the progression criteria won’t be available)
- Job term
- Full Time
- Appointment type
- Temporary - Covering for maternity leave
- 37 hours per week
- Closing Date
- 16 April 2023
Derbyshire Fire & Rescue Service is seeking to appoint a highly motivated individual to play an essential role in supporting the Principal Management team.
You will work in association with the other team members to support the work of the Strategic Leadership Team ensuring effective personal assistance is delivered using diplomacy, discretion, confidentiality and professionalism at all times.
There will be a requirement for some travel for which a pool car will be provided.
The normal working week is 37 hours however you may occasionally need to work beyond normal office hours.
In return we offer;
- Flexible working hours
- Family friendly policies
- Free car parking
- Health & wellbeing services, including free access to gyms at Derbyshire Fire & Rescue Service locations
- Employee discount scheme
- Employee support networks
- Ongoing training and development opportunities
- Eligibility to join the Local Government Pension Scheme (see Guidance on the Pension implications of undertaking a temporary role)
We are committed to equality and fairness at work. Applications are encouraged from all diverse communities.
Derbyshire Fire and Rescue Service’s recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of Adults, Children and Young People. All staff are expected to share this commitment.
Police security vetting procedures at the appropriate level will be requested for the successful applicant. Please note that, due to the nature of security checks undertaken, applicants must have 3 years continuous residency in the UK up to the date of the application and Home Office approval for indefinite leave to remain within the UK.
Please do not apply through the Derbyshire County Council website.
To apply please go to our recruitment portal here: https://www.jobtrain.co.uk/derbyshirefire/Job/JobDetail?JobId=692
If you have a disability and need assistance completing the application form, please contact the Service Centre on 01773 305441
Provisional Interview Date: Week commencing 24 April 2023
Please be aware that Derbyshire County Council is placing this advert on behalf of this organisation and you should refer directly to its website for details of the terms and conditions attached to this post. Any queries regarding this advert or the recruitment process should be made directly to the organisation.