Customer Standards and Complaints Officer
- Bolsover District Council, The Arc, High Street, Clowne, Chesterfield, Derbyshire.
- Salary details
- Grade 5 £24,322 - £26,780 per annum
- Job term
- Full Time
- Appointment type
- 37 per week
- Closing Date
- 16 June 2023
Bolsover District Council is a dynamic and ambitious organisation that takes pride in delivering excellent services to our community whilst driving economic growth and environmental sustainability for the District. Integral to the Council’s ambitions, is that the Council is able to respond to compliments, comments and complaints with the Ombudsmen, not only in a timely and fair manner but in a positive way that improves services where appropriate.
The Customer Standards and Complaints Officer manages the Council’s corporate Compliments, Comments and Complaints procedure and system and co-ordinates the Council’s Customer Service Standards. The role includes the following
- Producing high quality written correspondence to a wide variety of audiences including customers, businesses, partner organisations, Members of Parliament and Ombudsmen in a format that is easy to understand.
- Ombudsman Link Officer - providing factual information and co-ordinated responses to the Local Government and Social Care Ombudsman (LGSCO) or The Housing Ombudsman Service (THOS) on behalf of the Council and liaising with the Ombudsman during their investigations. Writing detailed reports for Executive and Council in relation to Ombudsman decisions.
- Co-ordinating and delivering mandatory corporate training and development relevant to Customer Service/ Customer Standards.
To be successful you will need:
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills in order to compile good quality written documents and deal with Officers/Elected Members/external clients in writing and orally.
- Competent IT skills for using software packages including the ability to learn the bespoke system used by the Council for Customer Compliments, Complaints and Comments.
- Proven experience in dealing with customer complaints and resolving conflict.
- Ability to work on own initiative and demonstrate enthusiasm whilst managing a heavy and varied workload.
- Excellent organisational skills with thorough record keeping.
For a full list of job details and requirements please view the Job Description and Person Specification.
Why work for us?
Bolsover District Council is a great place to work and if you join our team, you will become part of a talented and dedicated workforce. If you are keen to make a difference to people’s lives and develop your skills and experience, we would like to hear from you.
We offer a competitive salary, Local Government Pension Scheme, generous annual leave entitlement and excellent work/life balance initiatives. Learn more about the benefits of working for us at: Bolsover.gov.uk
If you are interested in this post, please apply using the online application on our dedicated webpage on Derbyshire Jobs at: Bolsover District Council Vacancies or via Derbyshire - Jobs and Careers by clicking ‘Apply for this job’ and creating an account. You can save your progress and exit the application at any time, coming back to it at a later stage to complete and submit your application. Applications close at 5 pm on 16 June 2023.
Please read the Guidance Notes provided before completing any application and please note that CV’s will not be accepted.
If you do not have internet access, you can request an offline application pack by contacting Bolsover District Council Contact Centre on 01246 242424 or emailing: BDC-HR&Payroll@bolsover.gov.uk
We welcome applications from all sections of the community.
For further information
For an informal discussion about the post, please contact Lesley Botham, on 01246 242230 or email email@example.com.
If you have not received any communication within 4 weeks of the closing date, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion, and we thank you for your interest in the job role.