- County Hall, Matlock
- Salary details
- Grade 6 £20,043 - £20,498 per annum
- Job term
- Full Time
- Appointment type
- 37 Hours per week
- Closing Date
- 21 August 2022
An exciting opportunity has arisen within the Member and Management Support team for a highly motivated and experienced Secretary.
You will provide professional secretarial support and be the main point of contact for Elected Members and Assistant Directors of the Council.
This role is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is dynamic, innovative and who has previous experience of working in a similar role.
What will I be doing:
- Monitor the correspondence to ensure that any necessary/outstanding actions are identified, tracked and addressed to ensure deadlines are met
- Act as a filter for issues/problems and provide effective support and problem resolution
- Responsible for the effective management of the electronic diary
This list is not exhaustive, look at our comprehensive job profile for more detail.
What skills and experience do you need to have:
Be enthusiastic, versatile and self-motivated with the ability to work well as part of a team
- Confidence to work under pressure and manage several tasks simultaneously and be politically astute
- Education to NVQ level or business-related Level 2 qualification or equivalent relevant experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills with attention to detail
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Office including Office 365, Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
What we offer you:
25 days annual leave plus another 5 once you reach 5 years of continuous service
- Flexi time, allowing up to an additional 2 days leave per month
- Generous local government pension scheme
- Guaranteed incremental annual pay increases
- Cycle to work scheme
- Discounts at selected county leisure centres
- And much more ….
The Member and Management Support team is contractually based in Matlock but as part of our Modern Ways of Working programme we are currently working on a hybrid basis. There’ll be an opportunity to discuss future working arrangements at interview.
For more information on our Member and Management Support team or if you would like to have an informal chat about this role, please get in touch with Sue Rose either by email email@example.com or telephone 01629 536911.
The position is based at County Hall, Matlock along with hybrid working arrangements to work from home (based on business needs).
Provisional Interview Date - 1 September 2022.