- County Hall, Matlock
- Salary details
- Grade 8 £27,507 to £29,418 per annum
- Job term
- Full Time
- Appointment type
- Fixed Term - Covering for maternity leave
- 37 hours per week
- Closing Date
- 03 December 2023
Personal Assistant (Maternity Cover)
Grade 8 – £27,507 to £29,418
An exciting opportunity has arisen within the Member and Management Support team for a highly motivated and experienced Personal Assistant to support the Directors and Cabinet Members of Derbyshire County Council.
You will provide proactive and efficient support and be responsible for the effective day to day management and organisation of the activities and business of the senior leaders of the council.
The role is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is dynamic, innovative and who has previous experience of working in a similar role.
What will I be doing:
- Provide the main point of contact for senior leaders, acting as a filter for issues/problems, provide effective support and problem resolution
- Responsible for the effective management of the electronic diary
- Processing and evaluating incoming mail; initiating responses as appropriate and highlighting issues for further investigation to support decision making and ensuring any necessary/outstanding actions are identified and addressed to ensure deadlines are met
- Allocate work on a day-to day basis to a small team of secretaries
This list is not exhaustive, look at our comprehensive job profile for more detail.
What skills and experience do you need to have:
- Be enthusiastic, versatile and self-motivated with the ability to work well as part of a team
- Confidence to work under pressure and manage several tasks simultaneously and be politically astute
- Education to HNC level or business-related Level 3 qualification or equivalent relevant experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills with attention to detail
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Office including Office 365, Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
The Member and Management Support team is contractually based at County Hall in Matlock but we also offer the opportunity to work from home according to business/service needs. There’ll be an opportunity to discuss working arrangements at interview.
For more information on our Member and Management Support team or if you would like to have an informal chat about this role, get in touch with Beverley Heath either by email Beverley.firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01629 535564.
Interviews will be held week commencing 11 December 2023
Apply now and take the first step towards a fulfilling career with us! By joining Derbyshire County Council you will have access to a range of amazing rewards and employee benefits, including our generous annual leave scheme, excellent local government pension and fantastic employee discounts. To discover more detail about the rewards and benefits available to you, click here
This role currently offers hybrid working options which will be to subject service needs, there'll be an opportunity to discuss working arrangements for this position at interview.