Business Services Assistant
- County Hall, Matlock
- Salary details
- Grade 6 £21,968 - £22,423 per annum
- Job term
- Full Time
- Appointment type
- 37 hours per week
- Closing Date
- 26 March 2023
Business Services Assistant
£21,968 - £22,423 – Plus market leading package (see below)
We have an exciting opportunity to join our Payroll Administration team within Human Resources Services at Derbyshire County Council.
Our HR Services team is a busy transactional centre providing recruitment and payroll services to the Council’s managers and employees, pensioners, schools and academies and a range of other external clients.
Within this role you will be responsible for delivering high quality and consistent service and support by administering the end to end HR and Payroll transactional activities associated with the full employment cycle. Duties include creating, maintaining and closing payroll records and ensuring the relevant contracts and variation to contracts are issued.
- We are looking for someone who is organised, an excellent team player, who is eager to learn, support others and who thrives working in a fast-paced customer focused environment and can work to strict monthly payroll deadlines. Other key aspects of this role include - Resolving and dealing effectively with day to day customer enquiries, issues and complaints
- Gather and process employee data into HR and Payroll systems
- Ensuring our customer experiences are continuously improved by being committed to service improvement and organisational effectiveness.
This list is not exhaustive, take a look at our comprehensive job profile on our Derbyshire County Council jobs website for more detail.
What skills & experience will you need?
- Experience in using SAP payroll software
- Excellent organisational, administrative and communication skills with excellent attention to detail
- Experience of payroll administrative processes and procedures is desirable but not essential.
- Have a strong commitment to providing first class customer service with good prioritisation skills and who is driven by meeting deadlines
- An ability to cope with the pressure of working to tight deadlines whilst maintaining high quality and consistent service to all customers.
- An understanding of pay related policies and procedures
- 4 GCSE’s A to C or equivalent
What we offer you;
- 25 days of annual leave – pro rata (plus an additional 5 with 5 years of continuous service)
- Flexible working scheme
- Generous local government pension scheme
- Discounts at selected county leisure centres
- Cycle to work scheme
- Access to Shared Cost Additional Voluntary Contributions towards your pension
- Free online health and exercise sessions
- and much more!
For more information on our HR team, the benefits we can offer and other HR vacancies simply click here
For an informal discussion about these roles please contact email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org