Business Services Officer
- County Hall, Matlock
- Salary details
- Grade 8 £25,582 - £27,493 per annum
- Job term
- Full Time
- Appointment type
- 37 Hours per week
- Closing Date
- 02 April 2023
An exciting opportunity has arisen within the Business Services Team for a committed and flexible individual to provide efficient and effective administrative support to the Special Educational Needs and Disability team (SEND) and to supervise and performance manage a team of Business Services Assistants.
Our Business Services Officers build and maintain effective working relationships with services across the Council, service users and external agencies.
What will I be doing:
The successful applicant will be allocated specific tasks and responsibilities which include dealing with finance related to funding in state funded mainstream and special schools for pupils with Special Educational Needs, data monitoring, management of processes and systems.
They will support colleagues in the SEND operational teams in relation to the Local Authority duties regarding the identification, assessment and provision for pupils and young people with Special Educational Needs in accordance with the SEN Code of Practice.
They will work well under pressure, be comfortable working to tight deadlines and will need to be confident with accurate record-keeping and data management
We value your unique skills, knowledge, and experience, so please read the full Job and Person Profile to ensure you submit the best possible application. It's important to detail how you meet the essential requirements in the “Suitability for Job” section on your application form
Skills and Experience we are looking for:
- Line management experience and the ability to manage performance.
- Excellent organisational
- An ability to prioritise and allocate work to meet targets and standards.
- Advanced IT skills, which includes the use of Microsoft packages.
- An ability to work as part of a team undertaking a wide range of administrative duties.
- A proactive approach to tasks.
- Experience of working in a busy office environment.
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral.
- An ability to research, interpret, analyse and present information/data.
- An ability to work within organisational policies and procedures.
- An ability to maintain and improve operational efficiency and quality of service through improvements in procedures/policies
- An ability to deal with people at all levels confidently, sensitively and diplomatically.
- Detailed knowledge of confidentiality, GDPR and Data Protection.
- Previous financial experience would be beneficial.
- NVQ Level 3 qualification or relevant office experience.
- Enthusiasm and transferable skills
Employees have access to a range of benefits and discounts including:
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme
- 25 days annual leave per year (rising to 30 days after 5 years continuous service) plus 8 bank holidays (pro rata).
- Flexible working
- Training and development opportunities
- Paid travel expenses if required to travel to other sites
- Smarter travel scheme including access to the cycle to work scheme
- Supportive management and team
- Access to our in-house occupational services which also includes free eye tests, physiotherapy and counselling
- Derbyshire rewards - offering hundreds of discounts and cashback
If you would like to know more about Derbyshire County Council please click here.
For details of other Business Services vacancies in Childrens Services, please click here
If you require any further information or for an informal conversation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and your query/request will be passed to the relevant service.
Provisional interview date: 14 April 2023
Interview arrangements will be confirmed with candidates.