- Glossop Community Education Centre DACES
- Salary details
- Grade 8 £20,465.64 - £21,994.44 per annum
- Job term
- Part Time
- Appointment type
- 29 hours and 36 minutes per week (4 full days - Tuesday to Friday)
- Closing Date
- 04 December 2022
Derbyshire County Council is looking for a committed and flexible individual to provide efficient and effective Business Services administrative support and performance manage a team of business services colleagues in the Glossop and Fairfield centres, including outreach provision.
Our Business Services Officers build and maintain effective working relationships with services across the Council, service users and external agencies.
The post holder will need to be an excellent problem solver, work at pace, and be proactive. There will be a requirement to work at both Glossop and Fairfield centres.
Please read through the full Job and Person Profile and Task Brief to help you complete your application. You will need to detail in the “Suitability for Job” section on your application form how you meet the skills and experience we are looking for.
What we are looking for:
- Line management experience and the ability to manage performance.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- An ability to prioritise and allocate work to meet targets and standards.
- Advanced IT skills, which includes the use of Microsoft packages.
- An ability to work as part of a team undertaking a wide range of administrative duties.
- A proactive approach to tasks.
- Experience of working in a busy office environment.
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral.
- An ability to research, interpret, analyse and present information/data.
- An ability to work within organisational policies and procedures.
- An ability to deal with people at all levels confidently, sensitively and diplomatically.
- Detailed knowledge of confidentiality, GDPR and Data Protection.
- Previous financial experience would be beneficial.
- NVQ Level 3 qualification or relevant office experience.
- Enthusiasm and transferable skills
- An ability to maintain and improve operational efficiency and quality of service through improvements in procedures/policies
What we are offering:
- Access to a Pension Scheme
- 25 days annual leave per year (rising to 30 days after 5 years continuous service) plus 8 bank holidays (pro rata).
- Flexible working
- Training and development opportunities - We encourage staff development and will work with you to develop your potential including supporting with undertaking further qualifications in Customer Service, Business Administration or Team Leading.
- Paid travel expenses as you will be the required to travel to other sites
- Car share/parking/smarter travel scheme including access to the cycle to work scheme and electric charging points (at County Hall)
- Supportive management and team
- Access to our in-house occupational services which also includes free eye tests, physiotherapy, and counselling.
If you would like to know more about Derbyshire County Council please click here.
For details of other Business Services vacancies in Childrens Services, please click here
If you require any further information or for an informal conversation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and your query/request will be passed to the relevant service.
Provisional interview date: week commencing 12th December 2022
Interviews will be held at the Glossop Adult Education Centre and arrangements will be confirmed with successful candidates.