- Children's Services Department, School Road off Sheffield Rd, Chesterfield
- Salary details
- Grade 7 £24,958 - £26,871 per annum
- Job term
- Full Time
- Appointment type
- Fixed Term - Due to funding 1 year from start date
- 37 hours per week
- Closing Date
- 03 December 2023
An exciting opportunity has arisen within the Business Services Team for a committed and flexible individual to provide efficient and effective administrative support to the Admissions & Transport team.
You will be joining a friendly team of experienced Business Services Assistants. The role is varied, fast-paced and the ability to work as part of a team and meet deadlines is essential.
The successful candidate will require excellent communication skills. The ability to work to deadlines and an understanding of confidentiality is essential to this post. The post holder must be skilled in the use of technology and recognise its potential to improve efficiency. They should be able to work effectively as part of a team and under their own initiative; however, even more important is the ability to adopt a flexible approach to the work undertaken.
What will I be doing:
- Processing applications for school admissions and assessing applications for free home to school transport using the Authority’s IT systems
- Liaising with members of the public and relevant agencies as appropriate as part of a busy, public facing team
- Working as part of a team to ensure deadlines are met
- Assist in the provision of administrative support to operational managers and employees in a broad range of business services activities
We value your unique skills, knowledge, and experience, so please read the full Job and Person Profile to ensure you submit the best possible application. It's important to detail how you meet the essential requirements in the “Suitability for Job” section on your application form
Skills and Experience we are looking for:
- Excellent IT skills, which includes the use of Microsoft packages.
- An ability to work as part of a team undertaking a wide range of administrative duties.
- Experience of working in a busy office environment.
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral.
- Excellent organisational skills and an ability to prioritise and work to deadlines.
- An ability to interpret information and analyse data.
- Assist and support with streamlining process and implementation
- An understanding of confidentiality, GDPR and Data Protection.
- Previous financial experience would be beneficial.
- NVQ Level 2 qualification or relevant office experience.
- Enthusiasm and transferable skills
Employees have access to a range of benefits and discounts including:
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme
- 25 days annual leave per year (rising to 30 days after 5 years continuous service) plus 8 bank holidays (pro rata).
- Flexible working
- Training and development opportunities
- Paid travel expenses if required to travel to other sites
- Smarter travel scheme including access to the cycle to work scheme
- Supportive management and team
- Access to our in-house occupational services which also includes free eye tests, physiotherapy and counselling
- Derbyshire rewards – offering hundreds of discounts and cashback
If you would like to know more about Derbyshire County Council please click here
For details of other Business Services vacancies in Childrens Services, please click here
If you require any further information or for an informal conversation, please email email@example.com and your query/request will be passed to the relevant service.
Provisional interview date: week commencing 18 December 2023
Interviews arrangements will be confirmed with candidates.